Programming a sequence

Got an idea for something that SharpCap should do? Share it here.
Forum rules
'+1' posts are welcome in this area of the forums to indicate your support for a particular feature suggestion. Suggestions that get the most +1's will be seriously considered for inclusion in future versions of SharpCap.
carlomuccini

Programming a sequence

Post by carlomuccini »

Hi

When programming a sequence, the avalaible steps in the left menu move up and down according to the button pressed; I find it quite misleading because I don't find a command in the same place.

In the sequence it would be useful to be able to define a variable, even with a predetermined name, for example: "i" to be able to increase, decrease, test and display

Than you

Carlo
admin
Site Admin

Re: Programming a sequence

Post by admin »

Hi Carlo,

not quite sure exactly what you mean with your first comment - the way it should work is that the items within each tab ('Processing', 'Guiding', 'Camera', etc) should be in alphabetical order. Obviously some items are taller than others to allow the text to wrap round and show the entire description of more complex steps - perhaps this is what you are referring to. Unfortunately, the alternatives were worse - either make them all one line tall and have important text hidden unless you scroll right, or make them all several lines tall and only see 4 or 5 on screen at once.

The decision not to have variables is deliberate. The addition of variables (and the inevitable 'if' statements that go with them) would make producing an estimate of how long the sequence takes to run go from hard to impossible. You always have the option of using the Python scripting language for things that require variables, which can in turn either launch small sequences, or be launched from a sequence.

cheers,

Robin