Live stack from merged folders?

Got an idea for something that SharpCap should do? Share it here.
Forum rules
'+1' posts are welcome in this area of the forums to indicate your support for a particular feature suggestion. Suggestions that get the most +1's will be seriously considered for inclusion in future versions of SharpCap.
ChrisR Oz

Live stack from merged folders?

Post by ChrisR Oz »

Hi Robin,

Using Live Stack from the Folder Camera a lot these days, to tweak filters (e.g. FWHM) and histogram stretch after the fact. Works well.

But if I have a couple of Live Stack sessions (stored in separate folders), how do I select both of them to stack? Because the frames have the same names, starting at "frame_00001.fits", so far I have renamed the second set as "frame_10001.fits", etc. This works, but is tedious. Guess I could write a program to do this. But is there a better way?

Cheers, Chris.
Celestron EdgeHD 8, reducer 0.7x, Star Sense, CGX-L mount, Focuser, CPWI; Starlight Xpress AO, OAG and Filter Wheel; ZWO 294MC/294MM Pro and 174MM mini; SharpCap Pro, PHD2, Powermate 2x, Baader Neodymium, Astronomik CLS-CCD, ZWO UV/IR, Duoband filters.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Live stack from merged folders?

Post by admin »

Hi Chris,

sorry, you can only select one folder at a time, so no way to do this in SharpCap.

What about if you just use Windows explorer to drag the files from folder A into folder B. When Windows asks you what to do because there are already files with the same name, you choose 'Let me Decide for each file', then you see this...
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (52.51 KiB) Viewed 738 times
Tick both boxes at the top and press Continue, and Windows will do the renaming for you...

cheers,

Robin
ChrisR Oz

Post by ChrisR Oz »

Hi Robin,

Perfect! I didn’t know Windows could do that.
cheers, Chris.
Celestron EdgeHD 8, reducer 0.7x, Star Sense, CGX-L mount, Focuser, CPWI; Starlight Xpress AO, OAG and Filter Wheel; ZWO 294MC/294MM Pro and 174MM mini; SharpCap Pro, PHD2, Powermate 2x, Baader Neodymium, Astronomik CLS-CCD, ZWO UV/IR, Duoband filters.
zerolatitude

Post by zerolatitude »

I livestack the first folder.

When done, pause LS and change the folder to the second one.

Then resume livestacking.

Assuming its the same target, FOV etc so that alignment can happen, it just continues stacking the second folder on top of the first one.
ChrisR Oz

Post by ChrisR Oz »

Thanks, that’s a simple solution.
Although I typically run through a couple of times making adjustments, so all in one folder is simpler in that case.
Cheers, Chris.