driver for QHY5III290C

ernie

driver for QHY5III290C

Post by ernie »

Cannot seem to install the current driver. When I connect with SharpCap I get a warning that the current system driver is 16-7-28 but the software needs version 21-9-9. What should I do? I downloaded the current driver package from the QHYCCD website but did not make any difference

Thanks,

Ernie
admin
Site Admin

Re: driver for QHY5III290C

Post by admin »

Hi Ernie,

I think you need to install the QHY all-in-one pack from this page : https://www.qhyccd.com/download/

The direct link to download the current version is : https://www.qhyccd.com/file/repository/ ... .23.19.exe

When you install that, it will offer to install/upgrade lots of things - you should just need the driver (first item in the list). You can untick everything else unless you know you want to install/update it.

cheers,

Robin
ernie

Post by ernie »

still get the following error
Attachments
error.jpg
error.jpg (39.27 KiB) Viewed 2515 times
ernie

Post by ernie »

I received a very kind reply in the facebook group as follows. I followed the instructions and it "seems" like the driver is updated but I still get the warning message.

In case of USB driver update problems
Some folks have experienced issues updating the USB driver, where it appears that the driver update did not take. There is one thing to try if this is the case:
With the camera disconnected, right click Start and open Device Manager
Go to the View menu and select Show hidden devices
Expand the AstroImaging Equipment section
Right click QHY5IIISeries_FW, select Properties, and then the Driver tab
Press the Update Driver button, and select Search automatically for drivers
Also do steps 4 and 5 for the QHY5IIISeries_IO device
Plug in the camera. Verify that it is on the newer device driver version
After the above steps are done, and barring any deeper issues, the driver and firmware loader for the camera should be updated to the version that was installed. QHY are aware of this issue and are looking into it.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

hope that the steps that you received from QHY helped. The driver you currently have is a 2016 version, so really old. Perhaps the new update from QHY isn't very good at updating such an old driver.

cheers,

Robin
ernie

Post by ernie »

Thanks for responding. It seems like the new driver is installed but Sharpcap is telling me it's not. Which is correct is my problem. How can I tell?

Ernie
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Ernie,

you can check in device manager using the steps provided by QHY - just stop at the point where you can see the driver properties, which should look like this
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (68.88 KiB) Viewed 2469 times
If an old version is listed, try the 'Update Driver' button. It seems that when you install new QHY drivers, it doesn't uninstall the old ones, and for some reason it doesn't always choose to use the newer versions either, so a manual update may be required.

cheers,

Robin