Upcoming Feature : New Dark Mode and UI improvements

All the latest news about new features and improvements to SharpCap
admin
Site Admin

Re: Upcoming Feature : New Dark Mode and UI improvements

Post by admin »

Hi Christian,

at the moment, the scroll wheel is deliberately set not to allow scrolling in those controls - it would be OK for the capture profiles, since scrolling doesn't change anything until you press 'Load', but for the capture area, every scroll stops and restarts the camera at a new resolution, and that is a horrible experience :(

Anyway, glad the other stuff is fixed!

cheers,

Robin
celkins

Post by celkins »

Hi, Robin,
a Happy New Year to you & yours😃
I tried the new dark mode for the first time, last night (yes, it’s been that long since the clouds have parted at night, here in Cheshire 😢) - looks great is my first reaction; didn’t see anything untoward, but the cloud rolled in after only a short while…

Cheers,
Carl
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Carl,

thanks for the positive feedback - there are lots less things that unexpectedly turn up the wrong colour (although I'm sure there are still a few). Nobody seems to have found a significant problem for a while, which is a good sign. I will add some sort of way to turn the new UI on/off via the settings soon to make it more accessible to non-techy users.

cheers,

Robin
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi folks,

latest update to the new UI has just been uploaded in SharpCap 4.0.8601

Firstly, the new UI is now turned on/off with a setting - see below
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (52.86 KiB) Viewed 3025 times
If (for any reason) you find that the new UI is misbehaving and you cannot get to the settings to turn it off, you can use the '/oldui' command line option to do this.

Secondly, the new UI now has high DPI support enabled, meaning that text and graphics should look crisp on high definition monitors. If you have Windows 10 (a recent update) and monitors with different DPI values then that should work too. I am aware that dragging the splitter between the controls and the image (or the tool area and the image) may look wrong in high DPI mode - will look into that one for next week.

Thirdly, a new feature only in new UI mode - that is the ability to scroll the view of the camera image when zoomed in by dragging with the mouse. Note that I am not intending to bring this feature to the old UI mode (since that will be going away at some point in the next few months).

Finally, lots of bug fixes for things that didn't quite work right or didn't look nice. Please keep posting any gremlins you find.

cheers,

Robin
JesusRL

Post by JesusRL »

Hi Robin,

In the new UI the green progress bar in the 'SharpCap Sequencer Progress' window remains moving (green bar displacing to the right) after stop.

I sometimes have a fast look at it while working in other computer and it gives a possible false appreciation that everything is going fine in case of sequence stop due to failure.

T&R,
Jesus
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

can you give me an example sequence (and how it fails) that causes this to happen - I just tested and couldn't get this to happen... Whenever the sequence finishes or fails then the progress halts.

cheers,

Robin
JesusRL

Post by JesusRL »

Hi Robin,

It hapens everytime I press the STOP button of the progress window, not when naturally finishes and dont know if on failure.

I will try to retest and send you the log.

T&R
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

just to say that there are a number of fixes to the new UI in todays SharpCap update. This includes some icons being replaced with higher resolution versions, some colour fixes for things that were hard to see and some fixes for high DPI setups.

Note that dragging around the control area and tool area on systems with mixed DPI (different DPI on different monitors) is still not quite right.

cheers,

Robin
procyon12

Post by procyon12 »

Hi Robin,

I am observing a small problem under W7-64 with v8646 32bit pro. Some of the settings in the Deep Sky Sequence Planner still have a white background:

wht.png
wht.png (39.8 KiB) Viewed 2919 times

This is not the case under W10-64. On all computers, both relevant display settings are activated according to post #34.

Cheers, Christian
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

thanks, I don't do much with WIn7 or 8 any more, so missed that. I will have a look :)

cheers,

Robin