Hardware support for Pegasus Astro Falcon Rotator

Got an idea for something that SharpCap should do? Share it here.
Forum rules
'+1' posts are welcome in this area of the forums to indicate your support for a particular feature suggestion. Suggestions that get the most +1's will be seriously considered for inclusion in future versions of SharpCap.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Hardware support for Pegasus Astro Falcon Rotator

Post by admin »

Ok,

try this

https://d.sharpcap.co.uk/download.html? ... 4.0.8567.0

I sorted out the error handling in SharpCap and also found that the ASCOM driver has a small bug when reporting that it is not connected - this was basically stopping the connection request from ever being sent to the driver. I've worked around it for now (and also reported it to Pegasus - although they might be getting tired of my bug reports!)

cheers,

Robin
MLM

Post by MLM »

Bingo! It works. I'm sure Pegasus will appreciate your making their rotator work with SharpCap.
Thanks
Mark
Tblog

Re: Moonlite NiteCrawler Rotator works...

Post by Tblog »

Robin,

FYI Just tested Moonlite NiteCrawler rotator (3.5inch, current ascom driver)- seems to work fine....
At least I was able to rotate the Moon and rotated it back!

Thanks - I had asked about rotators about 8 month ago, and you got it done just before it actually arrived.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

thanks for confirming it works. I'm also considering whether to support other ASCOM hardware options - feedback on which are being used most (and how they are used) is welcome.

cheers,

Robin