live stack during DSO sequencer

Discussions of Electronically Assisted Astronomy using the Live Stacking feature.
dutchy.ph@gmail.com

live stack during DSO sequencer

Post by dutchy.ph@gmail.com »

Hi Admin

I have sharpcap 4.08395.0 on QHY268M. Should it be possible to have a Live stack whilst sequencer is running on a deepsky object. I have used the advanced editor to insert enable livestack just prior to capture frames sequence starts. The whole sequence commences, completes all tasks but when commencing frame capture the whole application seems to freeze at which point I need to shutdown sharpcap and restart. I have tried this twice and both times caused an application freeze

I am running windows 10, all other features used since installing sharpcap 4 (within last month), work without issue.

Loving sharpcap version 4 and its new features especially sequencer. I did have NINA installed but found it a little daunting and not that intuitive - well not for me anyway.
admin
Site Admin

Re: live stack during DSO sequencer

Post by admin »

Hi,

no, I wouldn't expect that to work - the reason is that Live Stacking takes care of making sure the camera captures frames and that will conflict with the fact that you have already set capture running. As it notes in the documentation (https://docs.sharpcap.co.uk/4.0/#The%20 ... e%20Editor) , using the advanced editor, it is possible to design sequences that make no sense or will not work, since the normal safety net of things like buttons becoming disabled when they cannot be used does not apply.

If you want to capture and live stack at the same time, it's best to approach the problem from the other way. Set up live stacking to save all raw frames, then run live stacking as the primary task. This will stack onscreen and also save all the frames coming from the camera without any processing for you to work with later.

cheers,

Robin
dutchy.ph@gmail.com

Post by dutchy.ph@gmail.com »

Thanks for clarifying Robin and the link to the documentation area
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

No problem,

also, you may want to change your forums username so that it is not your email address to avoid it being picked up and used to send you junk mail. If you do, send me a private message on the forums to tell me what you want your username to be and I will update it for you.

thanks,

Robin