Night Vision Colours trouble

A place to report problems and bugs in SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs

Please also read about Troubleshooting USB Issues before posting.

*** Please do not post license keys - please report any problems with licensing to 'admin' by private message ***

Please include the following details in any bug report:

* Version of SharpCap
* Camera and other hardware being user
* Operating system version
* Contents of the SharpCap log after the problem has occurred.
[If SharpCap crashes, please send the bug report when prompted instead of including the log]
Splunge

Night Vision Colours trouble

Post by Splunge »

Hi Robin,

Tried the new night vision colour template and it looks good for out in the dark, but lately I've been an armchair astronomer and decided (at least inside) I like the original views. After trying the new view, I switched back to the original and found that the title bars of the Camera Control Panel sections blacken when you minimize them now.

To reproduce what I see:

1. Open Sharpcap
2. Choose Camera
3. Click on 'View' then check 'Night Vision Colours'
4. Click on 'View' then uncheck 'Night Vision Colours'
5. Minimize any window under 'Camera Control Panel' (at the right of the screen)

At this point the title bar of that window just minimized goes black and stays that way until you go back to 'Night Vision Colours' or restart SharpCap.

A cosmetic issue, hopefully easy to set straight.

Regards,
procyon12

Re: Night Vision Colours trouble

Post by procyon12 »

Hi,

I confirm this. Generally (W7 and W10), I don't think the new switch works well in both light and dark modes. In dark mode there are remaining light areas and the light mode issues are described above.
Starting this latest v with the command line switch: all seems to be ok.

Cheers Christian
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

yes, you are right, there are a number of glitches with the (currently default, soon to be old) dark mode when you turn it on and off while SharpCap is running. Another one is that you can get orange text to remain in light mode in some cases. I'm not intending to fix any of those bugs related to changing from light to dark, since I have a new dark mode implementation in testing that is better and resolves the issues pretty much automatically - see viewtopic.php?f=22&t=4875 . Note that the very latest version of SharpCap 4 now has a settings switch to enable the new dark mode rather than needing to use the command line.

cheers,

Robin
procyon12

Post by procyon12 »

Robin,

May be I'm missing something but what I wrote (#2) relates to the latest V 8564. I do not know the version used in the first post.
To be clear, for me it seems that only
The improved dark mode (new user interface) can now be turned on in the settings, not just a command line option
doesn't work right.

Cheers, Christian

I add some pictures (W10-64, V 8564):

a: starting after inst., no command line
a1: dito, but F12
b: starting from command line with "C:\Program Files (x86)\SharpCap 4.0\SharpCap.exe" /newui
b1: dito, F12
Attachments
a.jpg
a.jpg (306.53 KiB) Viewed 721 times
a1.jpg
a1.jpg (206.54 KiB) Viewed 721 times
b.jpg
b.jpg (267.76 KiB) Viewed 721 times
b1.jpg
b1.jpg (254.52 KiB) Viewed 721 times
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

yes, but to enable the new dark mode via the settings (equivalent to /newui) you need to tick the next option down too - 'Use experimental new user interface with improved dark mode'. With just the 'night vision' option ticked you get the slightly dodgy current version that I am working on replacing.

cheers,

Robin
procyon12

Post by procyon12 »

I'm sorry, Robin,

I couldn't see the forest for the trees. It works as it should.

Christian