version 4.0.8334.0 sequencer bug

A place to report problems and bugs in SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs

Please also read about Troubleshooting USB Issues before posting.

*** Please do not post license keys - please report any problems with licensing to 'admin' by private message ***

Please include the following details in any bug report:

* Version of SharpCap
* Camera and other hardware being user
* Operating system version
* Contents of the SharpCap log after the problem has occurred.
[If SharpCap crashes, please send the bug report when prompted instead of including the log]
chongo228

version 4.0.8334.0 sequencer bug

Post by chongo228 »

Asi2600mm-pro.

I was running a little sequence tonight and noticed it wouldn't change profiles to autofocus. The profile 2600_Ha_image is a 180seconds and 100 gain. The profile 2600_ha_autofocus is 5seconds and 250 gain. When it reached the step to load the profile "2600_Ha_autofocus" the exposures would stay at 180second even though the sequencer said it the load camera profile was completed. I believe the gain would change to the new profile but not the exposure length. This happened to me 4 or 5 times. I deleted the steps in the sequencer and added them back thinking an update didn't play nice with a saved sequence from a previous build. I also added in a 10 second pause thinking the live mode step was messing with it. Nothing seemed to work to get the profile to load.

I noticed in the screen shot the gain was 250. This tells me SC changed the gain but not the exposure time when it loaded the profile.

link to the log file
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1y2l273 ... sp=sharing
Attachments
SCerror.JPG
SCerror.JPG (301.05 KiB) Viewed 508 times
admin
Site Admin

Re: version 4.0.8334.0 sequencer bug

Post by admin »

Hi,

nothing jumping out from the log, but two further bits of information might help find the cause

1) the content of the capture profile being loaded - maybe there is something odd in it

2) a new log of the issue with additional logging of 'Camera control values and capture profiles' turned on - https://docs.sharpcap.co.uk/4.0/#Logging%20Tab - This logs all the changes to camera controls and the values found in capture profiles.

cheers,

Robin
chongo228

Post by chongo228 »

For number one can you tell me where the file is located? I couldn't find it. I assume it's a text file of some sort. I'll upload that and then get you the new log asked for in number 2 next time I image.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

you can find the content of the profile (and where it is on disk) by using the capture profile management tool - see https://docs.sharpcap.co.uk/4.0/#Captur ... Management

cheers,

Robin
chongo228

Post by chongo228 »

Here is the camera profile file. I did update to 4.0.8365 today and so far the problem is gone. I loaded the same sequence and profiles and it's running smoothly now. I'll post the log if it acts up again.
Attachments
2600mm_Ha_Autofocus (ZWO ASI2600MM Pro).ini
(799 Bytes) Downloaded 39 times
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

there doesn't seem to be anything out of the ordinary in that capture profile - best to just keep an eye out for it happening again as you suggest.

cheers,

Robin