ADC Tool

Somewhere to ask questions about the best way to use SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs
filippo.ciferri

ADC Tool

Post by filippo.ciferri »

Hi to all,

In the last 2 months I have started to use a 462MC camera for planets in combination with the 290MM. During this year, for central Europe, Jupiter and Saturn are quite low on the horizon and I added and ADC to the image train for compensate such a low altitude. It works, but as soon as I start to use itintensively I realize that a sw tool is needed to manage the every hour changes necesssary for the ADC.

I have the pro license and using the 4.0.x and I find it a very well done product. I started to experimented the ADC tool, my laptop is quite powerful (MSI GP76 Leopard 10UG-219IT, Nvidia RTX 3070 with 8GB GDDR6, Intel I7-10870H, 16GB RAM DDR4, 1TB SSD M.2 PCIe) but after 1 or max 2 sec of using the ADC tool seems that I could not stop it (menu are not reacheable), Sharpcap is responsive to alt-tab switch, but all the features looks frozen, the only way to stop it is to move the mount out of the target in order to have no more planet in the field. I use the default parameters for background treshold and and average over frames.

Hope someone could help me to solve it, in the meantime I'm using firecapture adc alignment tool.

Kindly

Filippo
admin
Site Admin

Re: ADC Tool

Post by admin »

Hi,

yes, someone else spotted the same bug earlier this week that with a high frame rate the ADC graph updates too rapidly and locks out the rest of the UI. I have a fix already and hope to release the fix in a new update tomorrow.

thanks,

Robin
filippo.ciferri

Re: ADC Tool

Post by filippo.ciferri »

Hi Robin,

thanks a lot for the support.

F.