I can see black GAP at the right side of preview image sometimes when I use QHY5IIL

A place to report problems and bugs in SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs

Please also read about Troubleshooting USB Issues before posting.

*** Please do not post license keys - please report any problems with licensing to 'admin' by private message ***

Please include the following details in any bug report:

* Version of SharpCap
* Camera and other hardware being user
* Operating system version
* Contents of the SharpCap log after the problem has occurred.
[If SharpCap crashes, please send the bug report when prompted instead of including the log]
Taka

I can see black GAP at the right side of preview image sometimes when I use QHY5IIL

Post by Taka »

I can see black GAP at the right side of preview image sometimes when I use QHY5IIL.

I bought a licence of PRO edition to use Pole Alignment function.
I found strange black GAP at the right side of preview image sometimes when I use QHY5IIL.
Please check attached picture.
The all preview image only shift to the left in a moment.
And I found strange preview FPS value also.
When I set 333ms exposure, the preview FPS is around 5.
I expect that it should be around 3 because 1/0.333 is almost equal 3.
When I set Frame Rate Limit to 480fps, the probability of the GAP seems to be reduced.

I checked the same procedure at EZPlanetary V3.8.10.
I cannot see the strange GAP and preview FPS is 3.

I have QHY5III290C which is USB 3.0 camera.
I cannot see the strange GAP and preview FPS is around 3 when I set 333ms exposure.

I use QHY5IIL for Pole Alignment function.
So I hope you to fix this issue.
Attachments
Log_2017-12-06T11_08_28-7928.log
(26.89 KiB) Downloaded 122 times
QHY5II-L_with_black_gap.jpg
QHY5II-L_with_black_gap.jpg (151.25 KiB) Viewed 1532 times
QHY5II-L_no_black_gap.jpg
QHY5II-L_no_black_gap.jpg (142.16 KiB) Viewed 1532 times
admin
Site Admin

Re: I can see black GAP at the right side of preview image sometimes when I use QHY5IIL

Post by admin »

Hi,

QHY have a bug in their current SDK for the QHY5II cameras that causes the image shift - I had an email from them over the weekend - they say they understand the bug and it will be fixed in the next SDK update.

I haven't seen the frame rate issues before - I will test myself and see if I can work out what is going on.

Robin
admin
Site Admin

Re: I can see black GAP at the right side of preview image sometimes when I use QHY5IIL

Post by admin »

Hi,

I get the high frame rates too in SharpCap 3.0 and 3.1 - I think the SDK is giving SharpCap two copies of each frame as I also see the frame count always going up in steps of 2. I have reported this issue to QHY. Current known issues with the QHY5LII are therefore:

* Duplicate frames
* Sideways glitching
* Low gain values not available

You should still be able to polar align with the camera, as you would use high gain for that and a pixel or two glitch is not going to affect the accuracy significantly. Once I have an updated SDK with fixes I will put out a new SharpCap version.

thanks,

Robin
Taka

Post by Taka »

Thank you very much!
I am looking forward to get the next version of SharpCap after QHY release the new SDK.