Debayering 32 bit images

Discussion of using SharpCap for Deep Sky Imaging
JayThree

Debayering 32 bit images

Post by JayThree »

Hi,
I shot some 16 bit and 32 bit images with my Altair Astro IMX 178 camera. Neither Nebulosity or PIPP will debayer the 32 bit images. Is there some software that will? I know I can reduce the 32 bit to 16 bit in Photoshop, but wonder about what happens to the bayer matrix if I do.
Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Jerry
admin
Site Admin

Re: Debayering 32 bit images

Post by admin »

Hi Jerry,

how did you create the 32 bit image? The only way I can think of that SharpCap creates 32 bit images is in Live Stacking, and that should be already debayered (because you can't stack and align without debayering).

cheers,

Robin
JayThree

Post by JayThree »

Hi Robin,
I created the 32 bit images of M42 in SharpCap with a snapshot from the Live Stacking routine. How do I observe, review or further process these images? When I open them in Nebulosity, I get mostly a white screen, and a flat histogram. Do I need to rescale the data? I've tried loading the image back into SharpCap, and it looks good, except for the bright core of the nebula, which is positively psychedelic!
Thanks!
Jerry
Attachments
Psychedelic m42 b.gif
Psychedelic m42 b.gif (631.12 KiB) Viewed 2892 times
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Ok, so if they are from the live stacking then they are already debayered. so no need to worry about that. I seem to remember loading the results into Deep Sky Stacker when testing this functionality, so maybe that is worth trying. I don't have the equipment on hand to test at the moment, but will try to do so later.

thanks,

Robin
JayThree

Post by JayThree »

Wilco.
Thanks.