V. 4.0.7529 remaining ROI and Digital Processing preference bugs

Discussions, Bug Reports and Issues related to Beta versions of SharpCap
Hibou

V. 4.0.7529 remaining ROI and Digital Processing preference bugs

Post by Hibou »

SharpCap V. 4.0.7529 now works brilliantly with my FLIR POE GigE IMX249 camera. It remembers my settings and on launch re-opens the camera last used. It recognises when I have pre-set binning in FlyCap2 setup (though doesn't itself do software binning). The only remaining bugs that I discovered are
  • The Capture Area can be reduced, but the reduced area cannot be moved from the top left corner. The rectangle can be moved, but it has no effect.
  • The setting to turn off Digital Processing is not remembered between launches (not a big deal)
A big thanks to Robin for so quickly sorting out those preferences bugs in the previous version. Alan.
admin
Site Admin

Re: V. 4.0.7529 remaining ROI and Digital Processing preference bugs

Post by admin »

Hi,

I think I can see why the pan/tilt is not working - I will put in a potential fix (I can't validate it properly because my Blackfly camera currently locks up almost all the time when changing resolution - it even happens in flycapture).

For the digital processing is it ending up on (when you want it off) or the other way around?

cheers,

Robin
Hibou

Post by Hibou »

Thanks Robin. The FlyCap2 viewer has been updated since I used it a couple of years ago. Maybe you too have an older version. Downloading the current version is slightly bizarre - click on the FlyCapture SDK download at https://www.flir.com/support-center/iis ... -download/ then open the folders and download only FlyCapture2/Windows/FlyCap2Viewer...x86.exe The restricted ROI works in FlyCap2 viewer, but when the ROI is set in FlyCap2, SharpCap will no longer open the camera. No problem. I wouldn't want to do it that way anyway. But ROI in SharpCap would be useful.

Concerning the Digital Processing, I was wrong. Both ON and OFF states are correctly reloaded with a SharpCap restart. But when it is switched off, there is no option to switch it on again. Unless I change the Colour Space eg from Mono16 to Mono8 and then Digital Processing is automatically turned on again. Again this is not a big problem.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

Ok, I have just found the digitial processing 'stuck off' bug and have a fix. I think I understand why you can't open the camera in SharpCap after setting ROI in FlyCap - FlyCap was setting pan/tilt values and SharpCap needed to clear them otherwise full resolution was impossible. Both should be fixed next week.

Robin
Hibou

Post by Hibou »

Thanks Robin. You are very quick at finding solutions. The ability to set a ROI in SharpCap would be most useful. It still works fine with an SX lodestar of course. I'll try again next week.
Cheers, Alan.