Suggestion for saving more data in the capture profiles

Discussions, Bug Reports and Issues related to Beta versions of SharpCap
Real14

Suggestion for saving more data in the capture profiles

Post by Real14 »

Hi,

I have reacomodated some scopes in in my observatory and now I have a few similar hardware like focusers on diferent scopes on the same PC.

The Capture profile is somehow rudimentary. I have noticed that the profiles do not save important information like

Camera connected is not saved and not opened when loading the profile. Would be good the camera opens automatically when loading the Capture profile.

Focuser connected be it ZWO Focuser (1) or (2), One has to go everytime into the setting and choose the focuser when changin from one scope to the other. Loading the profile does not choose it automatically.

Main window size is not saved and so when using two different chip sizes it is always a nuisance to resize the window to the chosen chip or ROI size.

This would be the points I do not like. Perhaps there are some others which I ahve not found out.

Would be nice to have the above parameters saved so when one loads a Capture Profile everything is there which I think is the sense of having a ¨saved profile.

IMHO
regards Rainer

Observatorio Real de 14
22° North 101° West
admin
Site Admin

Re: Suggestion for saving more data in the capture profiles

Post by admin »

Hi,

I have a different solution planned for the sort of problems that you are coming up against – SharpCap 4.0 will support separate profiles which can be activated with commandline parameters. This means you can have two shortcuts the SharpCap on your desktop which will have independent settings (for example which filter wheel focuser hardware they should use, where the window should appear, etc).

Running SharpCap with the additional parameter

Code: Select all

/instance=2
on the command line will activate an alternative profile (with the settings that profile copied initially from the default settings).

Currently, license key data, sensor analysis results and capture profiles are shared between different instances (deliberately). The autosave settings to restore them when you reopen a camera are also shared, but this is something I intend to correct when I have time for it.

Cheers, Robin
Real14

Re: Suggestion for saving more data in the capture profiles

Post by Real14 »

admin wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:19 pm Hi,

I have a different solution planned for the sort of problems that you are coming up against – SharpCap 4.0 will support separate profiles which can be activated with commandline parameters. This means you can have two shortcuts the SharpCap on your desktop which will have independent settings (for example which filter wheel focuser hardware they should use, where the window should appear, etc).

Running SharpCap with the additional parameter

Code: Select all

/instance=2
on the command line will activate an alternative profile (with the settings that profile copied initially from the default settings).

Currently, license key data, sensor analysis results and capture profiles are shared between different instances (deliberately). The autosave settings to restore them when you reopen a camera are also shared, but this is something I intend to correct when I have time for it.

Cheers, Robin
Hi Robin,
... which can be activated with commandline parameters.
I understand but not everybody is a experienced programmers and used to command line execution.

¿ Why not just activate the Capture profile menu at start up when one has not chosen any camera ot whatsoever and one chooses the profile and click on Load opens up everything ?

We has already enough icons on our desktops :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks for your understanding ;)
regards Rainer

Observatorio Real de 14
22° North 101° West