Wishing well on a short exposure - camera testing.

A place to share images that you have taken with SharpCap.
Forum rules
Please upload large images to photo sharing sites (flickr, etc) rather than trying to upload them as forum attachments.

Please share the equipment used and if possible camera settings to help others.
si-cho

Wishing well on a short exposure - camera testing.

Post by si-cho »

I have here another short time imaging, now on the Wishing Well open cluster and its neighbour open clusters. I was testing the control of SharCap on a QHY Camera. The main issue is that QHY cameras seems not to have a smooth temperatures control, so I was trying to lower and then rise the temperature slowly, in a time span of 3 to 4 minutes.
The image was taken using the WO SpaceCat, on february 19th.
Camera QHY183c
40 images of 30 seconds
Temperature -5C
Mount iOptron SkyGuider Pro with iPolar
Later stacking using DSS, processing using PxI and GIMP.
So far I am using also from SharpCap the Live Stack and Quick Capture system (I just stop them when I needed), and also the Flat assistant, which is really useful.

nexusjeep

Re: Wishing well on a short exposure - camera testing.

Post by nexusjeep »

Another nice image and wide field of view especially for the 20 min integration time, always fascinating to see how many stars are out there as from my location with the naked eye you do not see many.

Cheers
Nick
si-cho

Post by si-cho »

Thanks Nick, I do enjoy very much wide field images, as you said, the stars are amazing, in colours, formations and many more. Also I noticed that quite often, open clusters are in company of nice colourful background, maybe because they are mostly residing within the galactic disc. Groups of open clusters are my favourite targets for these images.
couchcaptain

Post by couchcaptain »

Hi!
Very nice picture!
Would you mind sharing your offset and gain on this?
The thing is I have the same camera and I'm struggling to find the right settings for this camera>
Sharpcap Sensor analysis fails over and over , I have once when it didn't, but I believe it's incorrect.
Also the recommended settings for best dynamic range is absolutely not good, it creates unusable stacks.
Also, do you use the native driver or the ASCOM driver?
My native driver does some crazy glow coming from top and bottom of the frame and I can't get rid of it.