How do I select a Region of Interest (ROI)?

Somewhere to ask questions about the best way to use SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs
EmeraldHills

How do I select a Region of Interest (ROI)?

Post by EmeraldHills »

First, I love Sharpcap and I'm a regular subscriber to Sharpcap Pro. Your polar alignment procedure ALONE would be worth the price of admission. Thank you for your continuing commitment to innovation and excellence.

I just purchased a new ZWO ASI2600MC Pro. The Region of Interest command appears not to be available. This concept interests me, especially since the ASI2600 has such a wide FOV. Is there something I need to do to enable this control? ... or, if it's not provided by ZWO, does that mean I won't be able to use that control with this camera? Thank you for any help you can give.

Doug
Louisville, KY, USA
admin
Site Admin

Re: How do I select a Region of Interest (ROI)?

Post by admin »

Hi Doug,

getting the ROI function to work in SharpCap is a two-step procedure – first you choose a smaller image resolution in the 'Capture Area' control. Once you've done that an ROI selection box will appear just below the Capture Area - you can drag this around to select what part of the sensor you want to use.

Cheers, Robin
EmeraldHills

Re: How do I select a Region of Interest (ROI)?

Post by EmeraldHills »

Robin, thank you sooooooooooo much for your help. I'm just so sorry that i didn't know this before -- which meant you had to ask. But this is super-helpful. Thank you!!!