Has histogram changed since last version?

Anything that doesn't fit into any of the other forums
GSBass

Has histogram changed since last version?

Post by GSBass »

Just thought I would check... I have same camera 462c and sharpcap pro, I purchased a new laptop and redownload sharpcap and qhy drivers and went out to photograph Mars.... my issue is my histogram is very flat, dives straight down on left and tracks along bottom.... I am use to adjusting my levels so it slopes down and drops off to the middle.... can’t seem to make it do that anymore
GSBass

Re: Has histogram changed since last version?

Post by GSBass »

Also should note, I am getting over 130fps at native 1080p... in my past experience I should not be getting close to that on dimmer planets unless a faster computer makes that much difference ... confused
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

Check your exposure value – you shouldn't be able to get to 130 FPS unless you're exposures down below 7 ms or so. I wouldn't expect that to be the case for correct exposure of the dimmer planets.

One thing that springs to mind is to ask whether you've turned on the display stretching functionality in the mini histogram on the right-hand side? It's easy-to-use this and then leave it turned on by accident, meaning it would be brightening up every image, leading you to under expose, which could also lead to the histogram differences that you are reporting.

Cheers, Robin
GSBass

Post by GSBass »

Thanks Robin, I’ll check those