When is Start Capture Dithering Functionality coming??

Got an idea for something that SharpCap should do? Share it here.
Forum rules
'+1' posts are welcome in this area of the forums to indicate your support for a particular feature suggestion. Suggestions that get the most +1's will be seriously considered for inclusion in future versions of SharpCap.
Desbarry

When is Start Capture Dithering Functionality coming??

Post by Desbarry »

Hi there, can Robin/admin answer if/when a dithering function with start capture (NOT LIVE stacking) will be available? Currently Im not sure if Im able to dither via PHD2 with Sharpcap Pro. I know the Live stack function does this but I prefer to do a smart brain analysis measurement on sky brightness and transfer these settings to the camera and start capturing a sequence of exposures. Thanks folks.
admin
Site Admin

Re: When is Start Capture Dithering Functionality coming??

Post by admin »

Hi,

This is currently in a beta test version of SharpCap 3.3 – it's accessible by using the sequencer tool to set up the steps that you want to run during your capture. So far there is very limited documentation on this so it's a bit of trial and error, but you can find the download links in this thread

viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3109

And discussions of the sequencer another new features in the same forum..

Cheers, Robin
Desbarry

Post by Desbarry »

Thanks Robin, so hopefully it will be coming soon if little/no feedback re:bugs? in a major Official version update?
Thanks Derek
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

feel free to play with the prerelease version – there are still a number of improvements that I'd like to make and smaller features that need to be completed before this will go anywhere near being the next official release. Maybe sometime in the New Year.

Cheers, Robin
dudugaz

Post by dudugaz »

Hi,
With the modeling I came to no longer autoguide, therefore no more PHD2 and no more 2nd camera, the connection to the mount with Sharpcap being possible it is obvious that for the dithering, a simple and direct management would be a plus in capture classic for long exposures, in particular with a break during the dithering phase ... and therefore very voluntary for testing.
Regards
Dominique
Dominique
AstroNutz

Post by AstroNutz »

In my mind, the lack of a proper simple dithering control, accessible directly through the start capture menu, has been the most serious issue with SharpCap for years. It makes long exposure AP nearly impossible with the app. In my opinion, If added in the next revision it would make SharpCap much more useful and complete.

Alan