Mosaics from Live Stack

A place to share images that you have taken with SharpCap.
Forum rules
Please upload large images to photo sharing sites (flickr, etc) rather than trying to upload them as forum attachments.

Please share the equipment used and if possible camera settings to help others.
BlackWikkett

Mosaics from Live Stack

Post by BlackWikkett »

Hi All

It's been a while since I've posted anything. I've had a long string of bad weather and good weather when I couldn't take advantage of it. I recently had an unprecedent 5 clear nights in a row from 11-16 through 11-21. I was able to capture over 50 objects via Live stacking. To see all the images just follow this link https://www.flickr.com/photos/165305863@N04/

Here are some 2 and 4 panel mosaics that were created from live stacks. The live stacks were cleaned up in Photoshop 2021 prior to stitching together in Microsoft ICE (Image Composite Editor)

Equipment:
RC 6 inch with Astro-Physics CCDT67 reducer. This steps down from f/9 1370 mm to f/6.8 1032 mm
IDAS D1 LPS Filter
ZWO ASI294MC Pro at -10c
Exposure 30 seconds at 300 gain (all images were 30 min max)
Using master flat and dark
SharpCap 64bit 3.2.6452
Stellarvue 50mm Guide Scope with ZWO ASI290MM guide camera + PHD2
Live stacks edited with Photoshop for crop, color balance, noise reduction. No more than 5-8 minutes of post processing.

I'm very happy with the results considering each image or panel was only 30 minutes of total integration. If you follow the links you can se full resolution images. Clicking the right arrow in the margin of the image will take you to the individual images that made the mosaic.

ImageM45 4 Panel Mosaic by Black Wikkett, on Flickr

ImageIC5070 2 Panel Mosaic by Black Wikkett, on Flickr

ImageB33 - NGC2024 2 Panel Mosaic by Black Wikkett, on Flickr
turfpit

Re: Mosaics from Live Stack

Post by turfpit »

Welcome back. All good value for 30m acquisition.

Dave
BlackWikkett

Post by BlackWikkett »

Thanks Dave!

Forgot to mention I used EQMOSAIC http://eq-mod.sourceforge.net/mosaic/ a long with Stellarium oculars plugin. This allows planning and sending goto commands to the mount with the desired amount of overlap percentage for the individual panels. EQMOSAIC is a stand alone app that does not require EQMOD. I'm using it with iOptron CEM60. The above link explains the the use of the app.

-Chris
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Chris,

some fantastic images there – great work. Let's hope you haven't used up all your clear skies for the winter in one go :)

Cheers, Robin
Menno555

Post by Menno555 »

Great captures!!
And thanks for the Microsoft ICE (Image Composite Editor) notice, gonna give that a try! I did try some mosaics but having a hard time with the seams. With moon mosaics I there are not problems, but DSO always fails.

Menno
timh

Post by timh »

I think that the Pleiades vista is exceptional. Shows the dust, captures the contrast in star colour and brightness in a very attractibe way.

TimH
BlackWikkett

Post by BlackWikkett »

Thanks all for your kind words. Hopefully I haven't used up my clear skies for the season.
-Chris