SharpCap 4.0 Beta Now Available

Discussions, Bug Reports and Issues related to Beta versions of SharpCap
SteveInNZ

Re: SharpCap 3.3 Beta Now Available

Post by SteveInNZ »

Further to the above -
I uninstalled both the 32 & 64 bit versions. Installed the latest version from fresh and it behaved the same. Uninstalled that and reinstalled 3.3.6944 (works OK) and then updated to the new version and got the same behaviour.
This was the same for both machines (Win7 and Win10).

Steve.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Steve,

thanks for confirming – I've just tested this out on a clean install of Windows 10 and I'm seeing the same thing. It's probably looking for some DLL that I've managed to miss out the install packs somehow, but that is present on some machines. Investigating now…

Cheers, Robin
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

I think I have the startup crash sorted - download links updated in the first post.

cheers,

Robin
SteveInNZ

Post by SteveInNZ »

Installation successful.
Thanks Robin.

Steve.
goldtr8

Post by goldtr8 »

I tried ETA SharpCapInstall-3.3.7016.0-64bit using the folder camera to attempt to restack some images from last night.

The stacking routine did not properly stack saved FITS as they did not align properly. I flipped thru the fits and found that its easy to find the change to the stack after a dither and that the stack in 3.3 did not properly align after the dithers. I went back to 3.2 and the restack was proper as it aligned the stars.

So hopefully it makes sense what I am reporting. I save my FITS images and dither quite a bit and restacking with 3.3 produced a stacked image with an offset and the pattern of the dither was noticeable. For 3.2 I would not have known that I dithered.

Hope this helps
Don
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Don,

I just ran through some old M45 data in fits format through the folder monitor camera and it stacked without any accounts with alignment working properly and 3.3. Can you check your live stack settings in 3.3 against 3.2 just in case something has been changed by mistake. If that doesn't reveal anything then maybe you could share a subset of your data. (Note – I was just using light frames, no dark or flat correction but I don't think that should make a difference).

Cheers, Robin
goldtr8

Post by goldtr8 »

HI Robin,

Sorry I feel silly, it was a setting that was different. I just assumed that it was pulling the same settings that I use in 3.2. The setting in question was Align Frames was not checked.

However I did learn a new way to understand how much movement is in my dithering.

Otherwise everything I have tried in 3.3 is working fine.

Don
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Don,

phew - glad to hear it was something simple.

When you install a new version (3.3) for the first time it copies the settings from 3.2, but after that they can be changed independently (ie turning that off in 3.3 will not affect 3.2, turning it on in 3.2 will not affect 3.3)

cheers,

Robin
Butterbelly

Post by Butterbelly »

Hi
am using version 3.3.7016 and getting the attached error when I use a directshow based camera

have I overlooked something - I have never had this error before and have not changed anything my end - I am commited to this version as older versions have expired (that work eg 3.3.6944)
I have had a recent window upgrade!?!?

any ideas
Keith Butterworth
Screenshot (12).png
Screenshot (12).png (203.33 KiB) Viewed 1758 times
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Keith,

try this version - I fixed that bug over the weekend :)

64 bit : https://d.sharpcap.co.uk/download.html? ... 0&arch=x64
32 bit : https://d.sharpcap.co.uk/download.html? ... 3.3.7030.0

cheers,

Robin