SharpCap 4.0 Beta Now Available

Discussions, Bug Reports and Issues related to Beta versions of SharpCap
admin
Site Admin

Re: SharpCap 3.3 Beta Now Available

Post by admin »

Hi,

the idea was to leave the camera at maximum resolution and then the software would simply shift the image in each frame to keep the centre of the planet in the centre of view, probably filling in missing background with some sort of dark grey. This could certainly be used for imaging as it would keep the planet steady as long as the whole disc was anywhere within the field of view, but what really triggered my thinking about this was that it should make focusing easier as the target would be at least in the same place all the time rather than shifting around.

Cheers, Robin
Fabioibirru

Post by Fabioibirru »

Hi Robin,

I Have a sensor analisys for EOS 700D (where it is stored?). In the SC 3.3 sensor library I cannot find it but NINA find it (where?)!

I get this crash using ASCOM DSLR driver
1) I get a snapshot in still mode (OK)
2) Then I open the Histogram window and the crash happen

Regards
Fabio
Attachments
RuntimeBinderException at CallSite.Target(Closure, CallSite, SensorCharacteristics, object, object, int)_#71767.error.zip
Crash01
(12.62 KiB) Downloaded 84 times
RuntimeBinderException at CallSite.Target(Closure, CallSite, SensorCharacteristics, object, object, int)_#69032.error.zip
Crash 02
(13.74 KiB) Downloaded 80 times
RuntimeBinderException at CallSite.Target(Closure, CallSite, SensorCharacteristics, object, object, int)_#08814.error.zip
Crash 03
(14.21 KiB) Downloaded 78 times
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks for the reports, the problem arises because the gain values when using this camera are not numbers, but are text instead like 'ISO 400'. I will have to look into a way to fix that.

You can find the analysis files by following the instructions here : viewtopic.php?f=19&t=532&p=2441&hilit=s ... tion#p2441

Robin
Fabioibirru

Post by Fabioibirru »

Hi Robin,

thanks for your great job!

I will wait, meantime I will play with my new ASI 294MC Pro just now in my hands! ;)

Fabio
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

here are the download links for a new updated beta version

32 bit : https://d.sharpcap.co.uk/download.html? ... 3.3.7016.0
64 bit : https://d.sharpcap.co.uk/download.html? ... 0&arch=x64

Please note that I have a new code signing certificate, which may mean you get warnings about the downloads. These warnings will go away once enough people have downloaded and reported them as safe. Apologies about this.

New in this version:

* Updates to the sequencer including new progress reporting, progress window and the ability to run recent sequences straight from the menu
* Updates to most camera SDKs
* Lots of bug fixes

Robin
SteveInNZ

Post by SteveInNZ »

Not having much luck with this one.
Using the 32 bit version - On my Win10 machine it installed but when I try to run it, I just see the splash screen which goes away at about the normal time and that's it.
On my Win7 x64 machine, it wouldn't install. Log attached.
SharpCap_3.3_20201127083548.log
(9.5 KiB) Downloaded 74 times
My recollection is that it's best to stick with the 32 bit version for compatibility with older drivers, etc. Is that still the case or should I be using the x64 version ?

Steve.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Steve,

Your install logs have lots of errors about the .NET Framework 4.8 not being downloaded properly. Try downloading and installing that manually from this link and then see if anything works any better : https://dotnet.microsoft.com/download/d ... -installer

Cheers, Robin
SteveInNZ

Post by SteveInNZ »

Ah, right. I hadn't installed the previous version on that machine.
So now both machines are behaving the same (just the splash screen) but at least the Win7 one tells me that it's stopped working.
The Debug button reports an unhandled .NET exception [9592] and that there's no just in time debugger installed.

Steve.
SteveInNZ

Post by SteveInNZ »

I've installed the x64 version too and get the same behavior.

Steve.
procyon12

Post by procyon12 »

Hi,

A quick test of this latest 3.3.7011.0 32bit pro under W7-64 with framework 4.8: installs and runs (only Test Camera 1 used).

Cheers, Christian