Blue Moon on November 1st, 2020

A place to share images that you have taken with SharpCap.
Forum rules
Please upload large images to photo sharing sites (flickr, etc) rather than trying to upload them as forum attachments.

Please share the equipment used and if possible camera settings to help others.
remyastro

Blue Moon on November 1st, 2020

Post by remyastro »

Hi,

I took this image early in the morning on November 2nd, 2020.

1000 frames of 312 µs captured using Sharpcap with colour Camera ZWO ASI 120 MC, RAW 8, gain 60.

Stacking with AutoStakkert 3 and then treatement with Registax 6.

I love the blue colour of the moon!

Click following link to open the Moon image :https://www.webastro.net/pages/constell ... hoto=97346

Cheers.
Remy
remyastro

Re: Posting in the Gallery

Post by remyastro »

Hi Robin,

Posted above my image of 'November blue Moon' in the Gallery.

I'd like to precise that image focusing was carried out by using the Sharpcap Automatic focusing Feature which I now master more and more together with my ZWO EAF electronic Focuser.
I also used the Histogram to improve Image Quality.

My Equipment was also made up of SharpStar APO 65/420 Refractor and Sky-Watcher AZ-GTI Mount. No Filter was used.

Feel free to make any comments, recommendations or additions for future Posts. Thanks.

Regards.
Remy
nexusjeep

Re: Blue Moon on November 1st, 2020

Post by nexusjeep »

Nice image, never got to see the actual moon due to rain / howling winds and heavy cloud which is on par for most astronomical events worth looking at were I live :D

Cheers
Nick
admin
Site Admin

Re: Posting in the Gallery

Post by admin »

remyastro wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:28 am Hi Robin,

Posted above my image of 'November blue Moon' in the Gallery.

I'd like to precise that image focusing was carried out by using the Sharpcap Automatic focusing Feature which I now master more and more together with my ZWO EAF electronic Focuser.
I also used the Histogram to improve Image Quality.

My Equipment was also made up of SharpStar APO 65/420 Refractor and Sky-Watcher AZ-GTI Mount. No Filter was used.

Feel free to make any comments, recommendations or additions for future Posts. Thanks.

Regards.
Remy
Hi Remy,

I moved this post from a different thread as it seems likely that you meant to post it here. Good to hear that the autofocusing feature is now working nicely for you – the image is certainly nice and sharp.

cheers,

Robin