Sync buton, after manual alignment.

Got an idea for something that SharpCap should do? Share it here.
Forum rules
'+1' posts are welcome in this area of the forums to indicate your support for a particular feature suggestion. Suggestions that get the most +1's will be seriously considered for inclusion in future versions of SharpCap.
lkrustev

Sync buton, after manual alignment.

Post by lkrustev »

Hello,

I think a "Sync on target" button will be very useful in the control panel with the plate solving button.
Here is why: After plate solving and moving the mount on a target, usually my target is not in the centre, so I am adjusting it manually with the arrow buttons. When this is done it would be great to push a button which will sync the eqmod with the selected target and the adjusted position.
SteveInNZ

Re: Sync buton, after manual alignment.

Post by SteveInNZ »

You can do the second sync from within your planetarium program. At least, you can with CdC and I'm sure you can with others.
Do the Plate Solve, Slew and Sync from within SharpCap. Center the object and then do a Sync in CdC. It asks if you are pointed to the object and then takes your word for it.

Steve.
lkrustev

Post by lkrustev »

Hello and thanks! Is this possible with Stellarium? I am not sure about that.
As well if you know - can we plate solve on our own picture?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

not sure about whether Stellarium as this functionality, but I think that the planetarium program is definitely the right place for this. For me, Stellarium is too much 'pretty' and not enough 'function', while CdC is the other way around. I personally run SkyTechX as a good compromise between the two.

cheers,

Robin