SharpCap 4.0 Beta Now Available

Discussions, Bug Reports and Issues related to Beta versions of SharpCap
admin
Site Admin

Re: SharpCap 3.3 Beta Now Available

Post by admin »

Hi Steve,

what camera you using? If I have something similar here then I will test with that camera to see if I see the same sort of problems.

Cheers, Robin
SteveInNZ

Post by SteveInNZ »

Sorry Robin. It's an ASI1600MC.

Steve.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

it looks like the guide button is not being enabled for some reason – I'm sure I had this working initially I will have to go back and look.

Cheers, Robin
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi folks,

another 3.3 update

32 bit : https://d.sharpcap.co.uk/download.html? ... 3.3.6944.0

64 bit : https://d.sharpcap.co.uk/download.html? ... 0&arch=x64

This adds the following :

* Sequencer support for wait until a given time and arbitrary periodic tasks (note - syntax for wait until dawn/dusk/noon has changed)
* Improved hot pixel handling in dark subtraction
* Fix for ROI tracking could not be activated
* Bug fixes

cheers,

Robin
RickBG

Post by RickBG »

Hi Robin,
I am thrilled that ADC is finally added to SC. Could you clue us in how to use it?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

An excellent idea - I have posted a desription here : viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3300&p=17333#p17333

Robin
RickBG

Post by RickBG »

Hi Robin

In the reticule overlay, you added the pixel readout. I assume it is to make us aware of the color balance and to correct it by moving the sliders to match all the three numbers. The Chn (Channel) reads G(Green) and you have the word Raw...what does all that mean? Are there any instructions to refer to? Also the "circle" has a bunch of numbers...what do they represent?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

the documentation always ends up being done last sadly :)

For the pixel readout, the RAW and CHN values indicate the raw value of the pixel that you are hovered over (i.e. the value before debayering) and the colour channel of that pixel. If you are using a camera in RGB mode then these entries will not appear in the readout.
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (13.83 KiB) Viewed 4948 times
Note that the figures that are displayed will be affected by adjustments to the camera controls (exposure, gain, white balance and so on). They will also be affected by any processing that you have applied in SharpCap like dark subtraction or flat correction. If you are running live stacking or one of the FX modes then those changes also affect the pixel values. This gives you the most flexibility, but it means that in order to readout the true values from the camera you need to turn off darks, flats, live stacking and FX modes etc.

The numbers next to the circular reticule's are the radius of that particular circle in pixels.

Cheers, Robin
SteveInNZ

Post by SteveInNZ »

When you make a new release, could you make a note of any external things that Sharpcap needs and if they need updating from the previous version please ?
eg. The Microsoft .NET thingy.

I've been caught by this a couple of times when I've gone out to the telescope clutching my USB stick with a shiny new update, only to have my excitement dashed when it doesn't install. By the time I've figured out what's missing, come back inside to find and download it and back out to the telescope, it's clouded over.

Grumble, grumble, grumble. :)

Steve.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

aside from the camera software itself, the Microsoft .NET framework is the only thing that SharpCap needs. In theory that should install automatically if necessary as long as you have an Internet connection when you run the SharpCap installer. Unfortunately installing it automatically if you don't have an Internet connection would mean bundling it up inside the main SharpCap installer which would triple the size of the SharpCap install package :-(

On another note, I've just updated the download links in the first post of this thread to a new version that fixes the intermittent crash when trying to clear a notification message.

Cheers, Robin