Capture Profile Manager: Editable Settings

Got an idea for something that SharpCap should do? Share it here.
Forum rules
'+1' posts are welcome in this area of the forums to indicate your support for a particular feature suggestion. Suggestions that get the most +1's will be seriously considered for inclusion in future versions of SharpCap.
procyon12

Capture Profile Manager: Editable Settings

Post by procyon12 »

Hi Robin,

The Capture Profiles are a good tool. Their settings can be edited manually. I propose that the settings can be also edited from within the Profile Manager (perhaps only for profiles not currently opened in SC ?).

Many thanks

Christian
Attachments
prfMng-edit.jpg
prfMng-edit.jpg (132.48 KiB) Viewed 1088 times
admin
Site Admin

Re: Capture Profile Manager: Editable Settings

Post by admin »

Hi,

maybe an edit button that pops up notepad to allow you to edit the file containing the profile might be a good option here. The only thing I am a bit cautious about is that manual editing could invalidate the file or put invalid values in for various controls. That would mean that manual editing would have to be an 'advanced' feature – here be dragons…

Cheers, Robin
procyon12

Post by procyon12 »

Hi,

I think you are right, Robin. There is a certain risk, and editing (for advanced users) is already possible now. We could save ourselves additional effort here.

Cheers

Christian
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Maybe the best option is a button that opens the folder containing the profiles? I was intending to add a button to open the log folder to the log window, so it kind of fits the pattern I had in mind.

Robin
procyon12

Post by procyon12 »

Hi Robin,
Maybe the best option is a button that opens the folder containing the profiles?
yes, this is a good idea.

Christian