Canon CR2

Got an idea for something that SharpCap should do? Share it here.
Forum rules
'+1' posts are welcome in this area of the forums to indicate your support for a particular feature suggestion. Suggestions that get the most +1's will be seriously considered for inclusion in future versions of SharpCap.
SC_Astro

Canon CR2

Post by SC_Astro »

I see a lot of activity on beta testing next release with included ASCOM DSLR support. Will support for Canon CR2 raw stacking in Sharpcap be included? I sure hope so.
Thanks !
admin
Site Admin

Re: Canon CR2

Post by admin »

Hi,

as far as I was a using the Ascom.DSLR driver means that you don't need to worry about CR2 files because the images delivered directly to SharpCap by the Ascom driver. CR2 support would seem to be more tied in with using the folder monitor camera to process images that you've already captured. Am I missing something? I hadn't got any immediate plans for CR2 support because of my expectation that the Ascom.DSLR driver would cover working with DSLR cameras adequately.

Cheers, Robin
SC_Astro

Post by SC_Astro »

Thanks Robin. If the ASCOM driver is to deliver the images directly to SC then I am really excited.Thanks so much for adding this enhancement. My issue is with jpg (and reduced image quality) being the only option currently available with my Canon 6D.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

I think (and it may be worth checking on the Ascom.DSLR thread that I'm right) that the Ascom driver will fetch the frame in raw format from the camera and then read the raw file in and hand it over to SharpCap as a raw frame, meaning that JPG doesn't come into it anywhere.

Cheers, Robin
1TkxGFbnX

Post by 1TkxGFbnX »

admin wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:30 am CR2 support would seem to be more tied in with using the folder monitor camera to process images that you've already captured. Am I missing something? I hadn't got any immediate plans for CR2 support because of my expectation that the Ascom.DSLR driver would cover working with DSLR cameras adequately.
Hello, it would be *really* cool if you could implement support for CR2 live stacking from existing images. I would love to live stack while running through a DSLR imaging sequence! :D