Frame Capture Failed while running script

Discussions on extending SharpCap using the built in Python scripting functionality
dvalid

Frame Capture Failed while running script

Post by dvalid »

Hello,

I use scripting for time lapse capture (modified example script). Periodically getting error in the popup window: "Single Frame Capture Failed", probably due to very long usb cable (around 10% of lost frames).

The dropped frames are not a big deal per se, the problem is that popup window suspends the script until "OK" button is not pressed. How can I avoid this error message, is it any way for Sharpcap to just ignore the it?

Another question: I can run script from console, but not from "Start Script with Sharpcap" option.

Thanks in advance.

David
admin
Site Admin

Re: Frame Capture Failed while running script

Post by admin »

Hi David,

the usual fix for dropped frames with long USB cables is to add a hub between two shorter cables (if you haven't already).

I have just changed the message box for a Notification Bar message for that error for 2.10, which will be in the next beta release. It looks like there is a bug with running a script if you haven't already opened the scripting console, so I will look into that too for 2.10

cheers,

Robin
dvalid

Post by dvalid »

Thank you Robin!

Well, I know, it's not the right place to discuss the bugs in the beta versions, but anyway - there is some problems with AutoExposure feature of ASI cameras in SC2.10.

For 2.09 version AE goes up to 15 sec in my setup, while exposure for 2.10 (have tested the couple of latest versions) is playing around 600-900msec max, with the exactly the same other parameters, leading to capturing of very dark frames .

Cheers,

David
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Ah, that's one I hadn't spotted - I think it may be because I'm switching the camera out of video mode in 2.10 when the exposure goes above about 1s or so - maybe that disables the auto-exposure. Should be fixable.

cheers,

Robin
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Yep, it was the switch out of video mode - fixed for the next release.

cheers,

Robin
dvalid

Post by dvalid »

Great, thank you Robin!