Live stacking under 1 minutes

Discussions of Electronically Assisted Astronomy using the Live Stacking feature.
mioxzy

Live stacking under 1 minutes

Post by mioxzy »

I often need to shoot short exposure frames of 10 second or less and stack them in a frame of less than a minute of integration. The autosave and reset in Sharp cap live stacking seems to allow a minimum integration time of 1 minute. Is It possibile to set for an integration of less than a minute saving to fits format?
admin
Site Admin

Re: Live stacking under 1 minutes

Post by admin »

Hi,

there isn't a way round the current lower limit of one minute for the autosave and reset frequency, sorry. You're obviously using live stacking in a way that I didn't quite imagine if you are getting useful images with less than one minute of total exposure time and also don't to continue beyond that point. Could you explain a little further?

Cheers, Robin
mioxzy

Post by mioxzy »

Hi Robin, I use so short exposure to perform astrometric measures of very fast objects like neo who moves several arc sec/ min. Sometime there is for me the need to stack short time exposures (typycally 10 sec subframes to minimize tracking error of my mount) to obtain a stack of, say, 40 sec or less of total integration with an acceptable astrometric error (under 0,5 arc sec.). The manual approach of saving manually the stack is not a good solution having to track the object for typically 15/20 minutes. Obviously a new mount will resolve the need, but for now this is my need.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

okay, thanks for the explanation – I will keep the idea in mind. I already have a request to be able to limit by the number of frames rather than the amount of time which would help you I think.

Cheers, Robin