TRying to connect to QSI683 hangs SharpCap

Anything that doesn't fit into any of the other forums
jfakatselis

TRying to connect to QSI683 hangs SharpCap

Post by jfakatselis »

Just downloaded and registered SharpCap Pro.
When I try to connect to my QSI683WSG8 the program just hangs.
Any ideas how to proceed?

Jim
admin
Site Admin

Re: TRying to connect to QSI683 hangs SharpCap

Post by admin »

Hi Jim,

high resolution CCD cameras with long frame readout times tend not to be very happy when used in SharpCap 3.2 because SharpCap run the camera continually like a video camera. SharpCap 3.3 (coming soon) will be better for this as it has a mode where you can only take images on demand, more like a still camera. Of course, it could be something completely different to this – but that's the most likely explanation.

Cheers, Robin
jfakatselis

Post by jfakatselis »

Ok then I can’t use it till v3 is released. I just purchased license. Can my license be extended to cover this inactive time. I have no other cameras to use with it.
Thanks,
Jim
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Jim,

I will add you to the alpha testing group for SharpCap 3.3 so you can download the early pre-release versions and see if it helps. After all – at the moment we are only guessing that this is the problem. I'm not sure that I've seen anyone on here mention using QSI cameras before, so it could be something else entirely.

The trick with the prerelease version to enable still mode is to unselect the 'Live View' button in the toolbar (underneath the file menu) before opening the camera.

Cheers, Robin