ZWO ASI2600MC pro

zinke-berlin

ZWO ASI2600MC pro

Post by zinke-berlin »

Hello, I recently started using the new ASI 2600MC pro from ZWO. Unfortunately I have no success getting the camera to run under SharpCap. I use the latest version 3.2 from the download page but neither the 32bit nor the 64 bit version wants to work. The progress bar ** Frame ** in the lower right edge of the screen stands still and on the left side only faulty frames (dropped) are created. I reduced the USB speed to the lowest value and also set the HighSpeed ​​Mode to On. Operating system is Windows 10 Home with 16GB RAM and an SD hard disk, the USB 3.0 port on the computer is used.

Michael Rogge from Germany Berlin
admin
Site Admin

Re: ZWO ASI2600MC pro

Post by admin »

Hi,

Other people have had similar problems – some things to try:

* downloading and installing the very latest drivers from the ZWO website, followed by a reboot.
* Ensure that the camera has 12 V power - some recent ZWO cameras have not worked correctly at longer exposures without power

Cheers, Robin
zinke-berlin

Post by zinke-berlin »

Hello and thanks, yes that was the problem with the power supply. I thought the 12 V supply was only for the cooler as I knew it from my ASi294mc. Now everything works perfectly.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

Glad you got it working now. That power supply thing is been catching a lot of people out who are expecting it only to be needed for the cooling.

Cheers, Robin