Sensor analysis and sx ccd

Somewhere to ask questions about the best way to use SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs
phenrotay

Sensor analysis and sx ccd

Post by phenrotay »

Hello,
Is sensor analysis possible with the Starlight xpress sxvf-m25c?
The image display and histogram take ages to show and look weird. Sharpcap seems stuck afterwards.
There is no controllable offset or gain of course.
I can use sensor analysis with my asi1600mmpro and results are OK.
Pierre
admin
Site Admin

Re: Sensor analysis and sx ccd

Post by admin »

Hi,

Try putting the camera in to a lower resolution (which will basically put the camera into an ROI mode). SharpCap tends to respond slowly with these cameras because of the long time required to download each frame after it's completed. Putting the camera into ROI mode should make the download time much shorter and may help resolve the problems you are seeing. Don't try to achieve the same result by putting the camera into a binning 2 x 2 or any other binning modes – this will potentially change the results of the analysis procedure.

Cheers, Robin
phenrotay

Post by phenrotay »

Hi,

thanks ! I will give it a go.
Is it normal that colour space is MONO16 ? I was expecting RAW16 for this colour camera (M25C)

Regards,
Pierre
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

No, MONO16 is incorrect – this probably means that the way SharpCap is trying to identify colour cameras for SX is not quite working correctly. It would be helpful if you could post the contents of the SharpCap blog after you have opened the camera – there should be some info in there that will help me track down what is going on and if anything can be done about it.

Cheers, Robin