Cannot do a sensor analysis on Mallincam DS10c TEC

Somewhere to ask questions about the best way to use SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs
DanK

Cannot do a sensor analysis on Mallincam DS10c TEC

Post by DanK »

Hello Robin et al>

I have a Mallincamsky DS10c TEC camera which has a Sony IMX294 sensor. These are used in ZWO's camera of that same name. However when I did an attempt at sensor analysis I got the following message:

See attachment

Now is there a way around this roadblock? 1) Can I not use the ZWO camera model that uses the same sensor? 2) Can I disable Direct Show?

Dan Kahraman
Attachments
Sensor analysis cannot be done on DS10c TEC_1.png
Sensor analysis cannot be done on DS10c TEC_1.png (61.84 KiB) Viewed 823 times
admin
Site Admin

Re: Cannot do a sensor analysis on Mallincam DS10c TEC

Post by admin »

Hi,

If the camera has an Ascom driver then you could try using that instead of the direct show driver. The problem with direct show is that you can only change the exposure in certain steps – for instance 1s, 0.5s, 0.25s, 0.125s, 1/16s, 1/32s etc. The sensor analysis procedure needs to be able to change the exposure by small amounts in order to balance the changes it makes to the gain against exposure changes and maintain the known brightness level, so direct show based cameras are not going to be supported for sensor analysis.

Cheers, Robin
DanK

Re: Cannot do a sensor analysis on Mallincam DS10c TEC

Post by DanK »

I uninstalled DirectX and through Mallincam ASCOM I am doing a sensor analysis now.
I will next make my own darks and flats for this camera through Sharpcap. I believe it can be done now

Dan Kahraman