Individual Frames Saved es .png Format

Discussions of Electronically Assisted Astronomy using the Live Stacking feature.
alexiecrespo

Individual Frames Saved es .png Format

Post by alexiecrespo »

Hi,

By some reason the saved individual frames, after stacking, are always on .png format no matter which format I select. This only happens to the individual frames since the stacked picture is in the format I selected (i.e. TIF). I noticed this after the latest update.

Any advice?

Regards,
Alexie
admin
Site Admin

Re: Individual Frames Saved es .png Format

Post by admin »

Hi,

Look in the first page of the SharpCap settings and change your preferred still file format from PNG to TIF - I think that should do the trick.

Cheers, Robin
alexiecrespo

Post by alexiecrespo »

Hi Robin,

Thanks for the response and recommendation. I was certain I had the right settings (Still Preferred Format as TIF) under the general section but you make doubt about it. So I double check with the settings as presented in the attachment and proceed to do a live-stacking. It have the same results as I described, the stacked picture have the right format but the individual frames are saved as .png. You should try and see what happens just in case is a bug in the code.

I decided to try with FITS format and in this case it works fine, both stacked picture and the individual frames are in FITS format. So I will stay using FITS format.

Regards,
Alexie
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (57.86 KiB) Viewed 2502 times
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

Thanks for checking that out – I did add TIFF format after the live stacking code was written, so I may need to update something in that code to account for the extra available formats.

Cheers, Robin
npole

Post by npole »

I've just opened a thread about this bug... so I guess it hasn't been solved (FITS works).
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

Yes, fits format works, but others didn't. I have tweaked this in the latest version of SharpCap so that it should use your preferred still output format for the individual frames (providing the still format can represent the frame is properly – for instance JPEG cannot store 16 bits per pixel, so if you have selected JPEG and are using a high bit depth then another option will be picked instead).

Cheers, Robin
npole

Post by npole »

Thanks, so far i used TIF because they can easily previewed, I switched temporary to FITS because of this bug. Any ETA of when it can be fixed?