How do I reverse direction of 6SE scope travel when contolling with SharpCap?

Somewhere to ask questions about the best way to use SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs
rnyboy

How do I reverse direction of 6SE scope travel when contolling with SharpCap?

Post by rnyboy »

Hi all... I'm just starting to setup SharpCap to control my C6SE on the SE mount and focuser when using CPWI as the planetarium app. The scope controls in SharpCap appear to work but the direction of azimuthal travel is the reverse in SharpCap. Is there a way to reverse the direction of scope travel in SharpCap to match the directions in CPWI?

As far as I can tell there is hope for the plate solve to work after using Astro Tortilla to download the Cygwin FITS files in that if I hit the "Plate solve and sync" button it tries and fails with the scope setup in the living room and having no image of sky to plate solve.

Getting SharpCap to connect to the focuser controls in SharpCap using Celestron's CPWI Unifying Telescope/Focuser ASCOM drivers isn't close to working properly. In SharpCap I can get the focus motor to start to move at it's fasted rate and only in one direction no matter what focus direction button is pushed, no ability to enter step sizes with SharpCap, but the "Stop" button works. Any ideas what's up with that? This is with the PC-USB>HC>mount AUX, Focuser>mount AUX, and StarSense to mount AUX.

Thanks for any help here.
astrowiki

Re: How do I reverse direction of 6SE scope travel when contolling with SharpCap?

Post by astrowiki »

Hello, Long time Celestron user here so let me put my 2 cents in. unfortunately there isn't a way to change that IMHO. It's all controlled via CPWI app. Not much they can do about that since celestron handles that. It would be nice if they put in a reverse RA feature in CPWI so we could.

As far as plate solving I haven't had much luck with Sharpcap. Hope is works for you. I usually use SGP or ASPS on it's own. To be honest, I haven't used the feature much since I use the other 2 apps.

KIp
Magnetar imaging
admin
Site Admin

Re: How do I reverse direction of 6SE scope travel when contolling with SharpCap?

Post by admin »

Hi,

Yes, you're right that there is currently no way to reverse the horizontal movement directions in SharpCap. Thanks for pointing this out though.

Cheers, Robin