First Light with the new ZWO ASI533MC Pro

A place to share images that you have taken with SharpCap.
Forum rules
Please upload large images to photo sharing sites (flickr, etc) rather than trying to upload them as forum attachments.

Please share the equipment used and if possible camera settings to help others.
umasscrew39

First Light with the new ZWO ASI533MC Pro

Post by umasscrew39 »

I downloaded the new version of SharpCap that Robin provided to get this new camera working. Unique camera- square sensor, no amp glow due to back illumination, and very low noise) - giving a clean image after very short exposures.

Here is my first image, Little Dumbbell Nebula- only 30 minutes of live stacking (15x120s) with some Pixinsight post-processing. Camera set at 200 gain, 10 brightness, and -10 temp. Guiding and dithering were applied along with darks but no flats. This was done on my C11"EdgeHD @f/7 with the Optolong L-emhance filter. A better FOV would be to use this at f/4 or f/2 as the small square dimensions on this scope at f/7 really limits you to the smallest objects. However, it is an amazing camera with no amp glow and noise almost non-existent. This was done at Bortle 6 skies with average seeing and transparency and an 89% moon illumination. I did not get a chance to see what the Brain suggested. Will do that another day.
Little Dumbbell nebula.jpg
Little Dumbbell nebula.jpg (753.75 KiB) Viewed 1593 times
turfpit

Re: First Light with the new ZWO ASI533MC Pro

Post by turfpit »

Bruce

Tracking well with the big scope at 120s. Have a look at https://www.astrobin.com/search/?q=Optolong+L-enhance for some ideas on what the filter can deliver.

Dave
umasscrew39

Post by umasscrew39 »

Thanks, Dave. Finally have PHD2 working well.

I know about the filter-- some of those on the link are mine!! :) Been using it since it first became available and it has been a major difference maker for me in my area.
nexusjeep

Post by nexusjeep »

Nice result for the short time, if I eventually take the plunge and get a colour camera the L-Enhance is definitely at the top of the list to go with it.

Cheers
Nick
umasscrew39

Post by umasscrew39 »

Thanks much, Nick. The L-eNhance is really an excellent filter and not ridiculously expensive. It made a big difference for me to enjoy observing nebulae in my area.