Save Individual Frames Option

Discussions of Electronically Assisted Astronomy using the Live Stacking feature.
sandconp

Save Individual Frames Option

Post by sandconp »

About a month ago, I decided to check the option under the controls to 'Save Individual Frames' I got a new folder called 'RAW' with each individual frames. I then unchecked the option and I was using Sharpcap Pro last night and when I got home to look at my stacked images and I still saw the RAW folder with individual frames being saved.

How can this happen when I have 'Save Individual Frames' option unchecked?

I was testing it again today using the 'Test Camera Option' Deep Sky and I was unable to re=produce the problem with the test image of Orion.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Save Individual Frames Option

Post by admin »

Hi,

Thanks for the report. I've just tested and I can't make this particular issue happen either when using the test camera. I also looked at the code and can't see an obvious way that those frames could get saved if the checkboxes aren't ticked, but who knows…

Please let me know if it happens again or if you manage to spot a pattern that causes it to happen.

Cheers, Robin
jnanof

Post by jnanof »

I am also having this issue. Despite having this box unchecked, it still saves all raws in .png form. I have a small hard drive out at the scope and this could be an issue.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

The fact that I've received two separate reports now of this means that there must be a bug in here somewhere, but I still haven't managed to locate the situation that causes the bug to happen.

Are you able to turn off the saving of frames at all? For instance does it stop if you check and then uncheck the box again?

Cheers, Robin
sandconp

Post by sandconp »

Robin,

I have been able to get this to fail using the dummy cam for Orion indoors.

What would you like me to try when I go out again?
sandconp

Post by sandconp »

admin wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:31 pm Hi,

The fact that I've received two separate reports now of this means that there must be a bug in here somewhere, but I still haven't managed to locate the situation that causes the bug to happen.

Are you able to turn off the saving of frames at all? For instance does it stop if you check and then uncheck the box again?

Cheers, Robin
Same issue for me when I first reported it.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

Just retested this with the Orion test camera and I still see no problem. I can open up the folder where the files will be saved and if the checkbox is unchecked there is no 'rawframes' subfolder. If I then check the tick box that folder appears and files mount up it but stop being added as soon as they uncheck the tick box again.

Something very odd must be going on to make this work differently on your machines.

Please can you confirm the version of SharpCap that you are using is the latest version (6.2 .6137) and then send a private message to me with a copy of your SharpCap settings which can be extracted by running this command in a command prompt.

Code: Select all

reg export "HKCU\Software\AstroSharp Limited\SharpCap\3.2" %USERPROFILE%\Desktop\SharpCap.reg
Running that command will save the settings into a file called SharpCap.reg which will be saved on your desktop – sending me that file will allow me to recreate the exact settings that you have configured for your life stacking and other options in SharpCap without having to ask you endless questions.

Thanks, Robin
sandconp

Post by sandconp »

sandconp wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:29 pm Robin,

I have been able to get this to fail using the dummy cam for Orion indoors.

What would you like me to try when I go out again?
My apologies I meant to say I could not get this to fail with the Orion Dummy Cam.

I only saw it fail when I was out in the field.
sandconp

Post by sandconp »

Robin,

I send a PM to admin which I believe is you with a link to my dropbox with the output of the reg command. For some reason, It's stuck in the forum outbox and not sent???
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

As it received thanks. For some reason the forums always show sent messages as in the outbox until the recipient actually reads them – it's a bit weird, but it's just the way it works.

Cheers, Robin