Unable to See Mount Control Panel

Somewhere to ask questions about the best way to use SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs
GaryS

Unable to See Mount Control Panel

Post by GaryS »

I've installed the ASCOM platform and connected my iOptron AZ Mount Pro's RS232 port to my laptop via a serial-usb adaptor.
I look in SC 'File/Settings/Hardware' and see my mount listed at the bottom as "iOptron ASCOM Driver for Mount" then in the "Properties" box, I click and get a dialog popup from iOptron 'Commander' saying "All Settings has been moved to iOptron Commander. There is nothing to configure anymore." No idea what that means.

Nowhere do I find the mount control panel shown in the SC manual under the "ASCOM Hardware Control" topic.

What do I do to allow SC to control my mount?

thank you!
Gary
admin
Site Admin

Re: Unable to See Mount Control Panel

Post by admin »

Hi,

Once you've selected your mount in the hardware settings page, you then need to open your camera in SharpCap. There should be a new section in the controls on the right-hand side with the heading of 'Scope Controls'. You may need to expand this section and within it you will see the controls that let you send commands to your mount.
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (14.19 KiB) Viewed 1479 times
Cheers, Robin
GaryS

Post by GaryS »

Thank you Robin. I was able to see the minimized scope controls after following your sequence.
I do note that the arrow slew directions have the reverse effect on the movement of the mount and the 'stop' button does not stop the mount from moving. Is there another setting I need to adjust?
regards,
Gary
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

Thanks for the report – you are right that the stop button doesn't work correctly and I will fix that. I will have to check on direction thing to work out if it is a quirk of a particular mounts driver or if it is a general issue.

Cheers, Robin