Problems with PoleMaster

A place to report problems and bugs in SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs

Please also read about Troubleshooting USB Issues before posting.

*** Please do not post license keys - please report any problems with licensing to 'admin' by private message ***

Please include the following details in any bug report:

* Version of SharpCap
* Camera and other hardware being user
* Operating system version
* Contents of the SharpCap log after the problem has occurred.
[If SharpCap crashes, please send the bug report when prompted instead of including the log]
cytan299

Re: Problems with PoleMaster

Post by cytan299 »

admin wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:49 pm Hi,

Another user has suggested in this thread – viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2000&p=10402#p10402 – that reducing the resolution may help work around the issue. Not perfect, but if it gets things working then it may well be good enough.

Cheers, Robin

I’ve not seen any freezing problems with version 3.2.6117.0 at all with the 2 Polemasters that I own. My display is set to 1366x768. Windows version is 10.0.18362 and Polemaster driver version 1.0 date 9/15/2015.

cytan
tdaiber

Post by tdaiber »

Hello,

not getting this to work since the last post here, today I installed the latest update 3.2.6137.0 and for now everything is working :)
This is on my Surface Pro 4 with full resolution.

Clear skies
Torsten
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

Build 6137 has yet another version of the qhy SDK – unfortunately since I don't have a pole master camera I can't test this before I release a new build, but it sounds possible that the camera has been broken again in the latest SDK version. Try going back to previous version (6128?) and see if that resolves things for you.

Cheers, Robin
cytan299

Post by cytan299 »

admin wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:57 pm Hi,

Build 6137 has yet another version of the qhy SDK – unfortunately since I don't have a pole master camera I can't test this before I release a new build, but it sounds possible that the camera has been broken again in the latest SDK version. Try going back to previous version (6128?) and see if that resolves things for you.

Cheers, Robin
I'm using 6137. No problems with PoleMaster at all with this build.

cytan
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks for the report,

Can I suggest that if you are having problems with your qhy cameras with the latest versions of SharpCap that you check that your qhy system drivers are completely up-to-date – potentially out of date system drivers could have problems when working with the very latest SDK.

Cheers, Robin
SteveInNZ

Post by SteveInNZ »

Robin,
I think you have misread the posts above. Those that have been having trouble with Polemaster (I'm one of them) are finding that the issues have been resolved in the latest (6137) release of SharpCap.
We're all happy now. :)

Steve.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Steve,

Rereading the post above, I think you are right. :oops:

Never mind, good to hear that it's all working!

Cheers, Robin
Lostone

Post by Lostone »

admin wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:21 pm Hi Steve,

Rereading the post above, I think you are right. :oops:

Never mind, good to hear that it's all working!

Cheers, Robin
Hello, Granted this post is a couple of year old now, Is the PoleMaster working properly in the latest version or beta 4 as of yet?

Thanks,
Mark E.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

I'm afraid I don't have a polemaster myself, but I can see that people have been using it with SharpCap 4.0 and I haven't had any recent problem reports - it's certainly worth a try (note - you don't need to buy the Pro license to check that the camera works properly).

cheers,

Robin