Something new in development...

Official SharpCap and Forum announcements
admin
Site Admin

Re: Something new in development...

Post by admin »

Hi,

Yes, absolutely. It's not the end of the road for EAA. The most recent release (SharpCap 3.2) was very much focused on EAA improvements whereas the next release will be focused on improvements for those who want a more traditional imaging option. Looking further ahead I have ideas about further improvements to EAA such as gradient removal, HDR imaging and possibly more.

Cheers, Robin
RMSQueenMary

Post by RMSQueenMary »

admin wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:27 pm Hi,

Yes, absolutely. It's not the end of the road for EAA. The most recent release (SharpCap 3.2) was very much focused on EAA improvements whereas the next release will be focused on improvements for those who want a more traditional imaging option. Looking further ahead I have ideas about further improvements to EAA such as gradient removal, HDR imaging and possibly more.

Cheers, Robin
HDR would be a cool feature for EAA. 8-)
Andre1967

Post by Andre1967 »

Hallo Robin, ich kann leider nur auf deutsch schreiben. Ich habe eine Frage. Ist es geplant, das ich mit der z.B. ASI294 dithern kann, also die Aufnahme unterbrochen wird? Beispiel : 30" Belichtung - Pause/Dithering - 30" Belichtung - ........... und so weiter? Wenn ich es richtig verstehe, kann das in die Sequenzen eingebaut werden, oder ?
Ich benutze den Rasa11, Celestron CGX , Mgen2 , ASI 294pro

Danke für eine Antwort

[Translation via https://translate.google.com]
Hello Robin, unfortunately I can only write in German. I have a question. Is it planned that I will communicate with the e.g. ASI294 can dither, so the recording is interrupted? Example: 30 "Exposure - Pause / Dither - 30" Exposure - ........... and so on? If I understand it correctly, that can be incorporated into the sequences, right?
I use the Rasa11, Celestron CGX, Mgen2, ASI 294pro

Thanks for an answer
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

Yes I certainly plan to include a block in the sequence designing tool that will allow you to send a dithering command to PHD2 and pause the camera while the dithering is taking place. Actually this is currently already possible in SharpCap using the live stacking functionality – you can set up communication with PHD2 in the 'guiding' tab and set up a dithering interval. There is also a checkbox that makes SharpCap temporarily adjust the camera exposure down to 1 second while the dithering is taking place to avoid excess time being lost during the dithering operation.

Hope this helps, Robin

Hallo,

Ja, ich habe auf jeden Fall vor, einen Block in das Sequenzentwurfstool aufzunehmen, mit dem Sie einen Dithering-Befehl an PHD2 senden und die Kamera anhalten können, während das Dithering stattfindet. Tatsächlich ist dies in SharpCap derzeit bereits mit der Live-Stacking-Funktion möglich. Sie können die Kommunikation mit PHD2 in der Registerkarte "Führung" einrichten und ein Dithering-Intervall einrichten. Es gibt auch ein Kontrollkästchen, mit dem SharpCap die Belichtung der Kamera vorübergehend auf 1 Sekunde reduziert, während das Dithering stattfindet, um zu vermeiden, dass während des Dithering-Vorgangs übermäßige Zeit verloren geht.

Hoffe das hilft, Robin
chongo228

Post by chongo228 »

One feature that no other software has tried or successfully done is a reliable recovery sequence when clouds come over. Here is an active thread about this subject.

https://www.cloudynights.com/topic/6853 ... try9801167

If guiding is lost could you have a second sequence that would start. It could wait a preset amount of minutes for clouds could pass, plate solve, move back on target, and then continue the main imaging sequence.

Could Sharpcap send commands back to PHD2 to start guiding again after clouds pass?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

Potentially… PHD2 seems to have a way to be instructed to find a new star to guide on – see https://github.com/OpenPHDGuiding/phd2/ ... Monitoring and look in the available method section. I wonder if it will be sufficient for SharpCap to continually send this message after guiding is lost – at some point a star would be found, guiding would resume and then stacking would resume (if you are using it with the current live stacking implementation).

The real trick is dealing with the situation where the cloud cover is very variable – a bit of thin cloud might not stop the guiding might ruin deep sky imaging.

Cheers, Robin
Andre1967

Post by Andre1967 »

Hallo Robin, danke erst einmal für die Antwort zum Thema Dithering in der neuen kommenden Version. Eine Frage habe ich jedoch noch. Da ich den Mgen2 (3) benutze, möchte ich wissen, ob der Befehl zum dithern auch zum Mgen geleitet wird, während die Aufnahme stoppt. Danke
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

SharpCap only supports sending dither commands to PHD2 guiding at the moment and I don't have any plans to add support for other guiders in the near future. So, my guess is that this will not work, unless it happens that MGEN have written their programme to be compatible with PHD2.

Thanks, Robin
eric97417

Post by eric97417 »

Hi Robin,
hope you are fine during this sad months of epidemy.
Can you tell us if the development of sequencer is on the right way. It's so expected !!

Thanks a lot for your soft

Eric
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Eric,

The sequencer is not forgotten and progress is being made- here is what it looks like as of today

Cheers, Robin
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (70.78 KiB) Viewed 13663 times