Output Files

Anything that doesn't fit into any of the other forums
Regora21

Output Files

Post by Regora21 »

Hi, I have a problem with output file . When imaging Sharp Cap will only save files in the SER format even though I have selected AVI in settings. I cannot open the SER files Can anyone help in how to get the default to go to AVI file. Regards Roger
admin
Site Admin

Re: Output Files

Post by admin »

Hi,

Depending on the other settings you have chosen for the camera, AVI may not be an option. For instance if you have chosen a bit depth of the camera of greater than eight then it is impossible to save to AVI format because high bit depths are not supported.

You may also find that SharpCap is set up to use SER as the preferred format and that it is also in auto mode which means it will be trying to set the correct format based on the exposure length (a video format for short exposures and a still image format the longer exposures). All of this can be updated in the settings.

Finally, it's easy enough to view the SER files – the simplest and easiest program to use is called SERPlayer and can be downloaded here - https://sites.google.com/site/astropipp/ser-player

Hope this helps, Robin