can't see live stacking results on computer screen

Discussions of Electronically Assisted Astronomy using the Live Stacking feature.
jeruss

can't see live stacking results on computer screen

Post by jeruss »

Greetings everyone. Just recently started using sharpcap livestacking. My problem is that I cannot see the results of the stacking process on my computer screen. Sharpcap shows that the image is being stacking and no frames ignored but even if I stack hundreds of frames the image on my screen does not improve, it still looks no different that the first subframe. If I save the image as a 16 bit stack it is obvious that the frames have been stacked. I can process the image and it looks much better than one subframe. Is there some setting I'm not selecting that is necessary to show the results of the stacking on my pc screen? I want to use this for eaa. Please help.
admin
Site Admin

Re: can't see live stacking results on computer screen

Post by admin »

Hi,

This confuses people now and then. The progress of the live stacking doesn't brighten up the image on the screen – instead it tends to reduce the amount of noise in the image and keep the image at the same brightness. If you want to brighten the image then you can adjust the three vertical yellow dashed bars in the histogram below the image which will allow you to enhance the nebulousity by pulling the centre bar to the left and black and the background by pulling the left-hand bar to the right. If you do this you will see that in the early stages of stacking you see a very noisy image but after tens or hundreds of frames the noise level we have reduced drastically to give a much nicer image.

Hope this helps, Robin
jeruss

Re: can't see live stacking results on computer screen

Post by jeruss »

Thank you Robin, I will try that this evening.