Sensor analyze for Atik 383l+

Somewhere to ask questions about the best way to use SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs
kookoo_gr

Sensor analyze for Atik 383l+

Post by kookoo_gr »

Recently i noticed for sharpcap the feature of the sensor analysis. So i installed it in order to measure my atik 383l+. I used my flat panel and followed the screen instructions but while trying to have a good look of the histogram when expose under 100ms the program crashes. I installed the ASCOM driver for my atik.

For starters i would like to know if it is possible to use sharpcap in order to analyze the sensor of my camera, i will try again and i will post the crash log and images.
kookoo_gr

Re: Sensor analyze for Atik 383l+

Post by kookoo_gr »

I did another test and i include the crash logs
Attachments
COMException at {TargetType}.{TargetFunc}_{LineNumber}#22583.error.zip
(13.03 KiB) Downloaded 95 times
admin
Site Admin

Re: Sensor analyze for Atik 383l+

Post by admin »

Hi,

It looks like the analysis code is trying to set an exposure of 0.1 seconds which is below the 0.2 second minimum for this camera. I will have to look into why it is ignoring the minimum (it might be possible that the driver is not correctly reporting the minimum value or that SharpCap is ignoring it for some reason). As a workaround you may be able to get past this by trying the analysis with a dimmer light source which would then mean that longer exposures were required for the same brightness which might avoid setting the exposure to such a short value.

Hope this helps, Robin