1s Dither ignored frames not added to FWHM chart

Got an idea for something that SharpCap should do? Share it here.
Forum rules
'+1' posts are welcome in this area of the forums to indicate your support for a particular feature suggestion. Suggestions that get the most +1's will be seriously considered for inclusion in future versions of SharpCap.
nexusjeep

1s Dither ignored frames not added to FWHM chart

Post by nexusjeep »

Hi Robin,
I use the live stack to access the build up of the image and also for the FWHM chart to access the focus per image as it changes through the course of the evening. Until recently I never dithered due to the loss of imaging exposures but with the new feature to change to 1s exposures whilst dithering this is now something I have tried and will use in future sessions.

However the 1s ignored frames do cause me a bit of an issue as during the dither operation all of my previous frames get shot off the left hand end by the ignored frames and the ??? values in the chart. Would it be possible as the software knows the dither is occurring to not add these into the FWHM values chart so that you only see the actual image frames as I can then get a lot better idea as to what is going on with my focus other wise I only see four frames of values before the dither kicks in and shunts them all off of the screen.

Cheers
Nick
admin
Site Admin

Re: 1s Dither ignored frames not added to FWHM chart

Post by admin »

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion – I will look into it.

Cheers, Robin