Not too sure if it's a new add on or a bug

A place to report problems and bugs in SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs

Please also read about Troubleshooting USB Issues before posting.

*** Please do not post license keys - please report any problems with licensing to 'admin' by private message ***

Please include the following details in any bug report:

* Version of SharpCap
* Camera and other hardware being user
* Operating system version
* Contents of the SharpCap log after the problem has occurred.
[If SharpCap crashes, please send the bug report when prompted instead of including the log]
Dirkastro

Not too sure if it's a new add on or a bug

Post by Dirkastro »

Hi all, just got myself a second-hand dedicated astro laptop and I've been loading up all my astro programs, first time for abit of solar today and sharpcap pro is working fine but there's a couple of things I'm not too sure on..firstly the abi files are being saved to something called scratchpad instead of sharpcap capture? And if I don't have it full screen in the bottom right there's something called magic-i with exposure sliders etc and the program running it is called Arcsoft magic..are these a new thing or a bug of some kind? I'll try to attach some images..regards Derek.
Files are too large for on here
admin
Site Admin

Re: Not too sure if it's a new add on or a bug

Post by admin »

Hi,

The place that the files are saved to can be set up in the SharpCap settings, so it's worth checking there to see if that has been altered.

Not quite sure about the magic-i thing that you describe. It sounds a bit like it might be some sort of custom software that automatically gets activated when the camera you are using is in action – what model of camera are you using?

Cheers, Robin
Dirkastro

Post by Dirkastro »

It's a Skyris 236m, used it now for a number of years using various sharpcap programs..never seen this before thou..
AndyBooth

Post by AndyBooth »

Does the laptop come with a built in camera for social media?
Maybe the laptop has add on software associated with that camera, that auto loads.
I dont think it is part of sharpcap.
Hope this helps.
Dirkastro

Post by Dirkastro »

Thanks for the replies, I had an idea it was nothing to do with sharpcap...