Focuser Goto Issue

Somewhere to ask questions about the best way to use SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs
ColinR

Focuser Goto Issue

Post by ColinR »

Hi,
I have installed Senso Sesto onto my Eagle2 and all seems to work. (I use the SharpCap/ASCOM focuser.) However, the GoTo part seems grayed out and unresponsive, any help would be much appraciated.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Focuser Goto Issue

Post by admin »

Hi,

I'm assuming that you mean the go to buttons on the focus graph when using one of the focus assist tools. Those buttons are deliberately faded out to stop them from distracting from the graph but they should come back to full brightness as you hover the mouse over them and then work normally.

If that's not working as expected or I've made an incorrect assumption then please send a screenshot showing the problem.

Cheers, Robin
ColinR

Post by ColinR »

Hi Robin,

Thanks for that. I think that I have been too earlier with invoking the focuser GoTo, the 20 measurements, (three at at a time), were underway and I did not click Stop. However, I'm not getting the focuser to GoTo the Best Number or Best Position. Any thoughts?

(I used the Bahtinov mask and "manually" achieved what looked like a symmetrical spike pattern.)
Colin
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Colin,

The option to go to the best focus or the best position only become active once the scan is complete and a point of best focus is found. So for instance if you are using one of the focus tool that measures star FWHM then the best focus point is the point where the measured value is smallest. In order for SharpCap to know where this is it has to have measured values on both sides of the best focus point so that the graph looks like a U-shape.

Hope this helps, Robin
ColinR

Post by ColinR »

Thanks Robin, I will ensure the focus scan routine has completed and that I have max or min, (whichever is appropriate), on the curve line.

Just one more thing, (Watched too many episodes of Columbo!), can I STOP the scan if the numbers are going the wrong way, (passed the peak/trough)?

Colin
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Yes,

There is a stop button just below the two buttons that allow you to scan in the in or out directions.

Cheers, Robin
ColinR

Post by ColinR »

Robin,

Thanks again.

Colin