Output Format

Discussion of using SharpCap for Deep Sky Imaging
kevin.mcde

Output Format

Post by kevin.mcde »

I'm using SharpCap 3.0 and have saved my settings as needed. The only item that will not save is the output format. This always defaults to PNG. I have found the FITS works best with my camera (ASI1600mc-cool).

I usually remember to change the settings for a run but forgot last night and ruined my run.

Is there anyway to save the output setting to FITS for saved profiles?

Thanks
Kevin
admin
Site Admin

Re: Output Format

Post by admin »

Hi Kevin,

I think that you are seeing the effects of having this option ticked in the settings - https://docs.sharpcap.co.uk/2.9/#Start% ... 20cameras) - pop into the settings and turn it off and then the capture profile should load the output format along with all the other settings.

Hope this helps,

Robin
kevin.mcde

Post by kevin.mcde »

I'm unclicking the Auto and selecting FITS then saving the profile (or creating new ones). I then shut down the program, restart, load the profile, and the Auto is rechecked under the camera settings. I have to manual fix this each time but all the other settings (exposure, gain, etc) remain as desired.

Kevin
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Kevin,

did you untick this option?
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (27.34 KiB) Viewed 2837 times
When I untick that and save a profile with FITS as the output format it loads and sets the output format back to fits as I'd expect (testing in the latest 3.1)

cheers,

Robin