AstroPixel Processor saying not enough disk space

Discussion of using SharpCap for Deep Sky Imaging
psy1280

AstroPixel Processor saying not enough disk space

Post by psy1280 »

I've just started using AstroPixel Processor and after a few weeks of enjoying the results, I keep getting this error message. I have no idea why it says not enough free hard disk space, since I've only used 493 GB out of 2.72 TB. If I have that much free disk space, why am I getting this warning (which freezes the program). I don't know much about computers, so any suggestion will be most welcomed.

Disk Space.png
Disk Space.png (298.91 KiB) Viewed 1149 times
Thank you,
Joe
Tomatobro

Re: AstroPixel Processor saying not enough disk space

Post by Tomatobro »

Looks like you have a 500 gb partition on your hard disk. Try creating your APP working directory on a different drive letter.
psy1280

Post by psy1280 »

Thank you. Would you be kind enough to help me understand what a "partition" is. Also, my APP directory is on my "D" drive, so you think if I change that to the "C" drive that will help? How do I know the C drive won't have the same limited partition? Very computer-confused...sorry.
oopfan

Post by oopfan »

Joe,

APP has a customer support forum here:
https://www.astropixelprocessor.com/community/

Near the top of the first page you should see this:
Screenshot from 2021-10-16 02-32-25.png
Screenshot from 2021-10-16 02-32-25.png (4.9 KiB) Viewed 1121 times
Notice the right-most button says "Logout". That means that I am logged in. Hopefully you will see the same. If you see "Login", then click it and enter your account credentials that you created when you purchased APP. Hopefully then you become logged in to the Community Forum. Post your question there.

Brian
oopfan

Post by oopfan »

Joe,

I suspect that you made a mistake in the "LOAD" tab. It looks like you loaded 1066 LIGHT frames!! You've been using 30-second exposures, so 1066 30-second frames is nearly 9 hours! You couldn't have possibly captured 9 hours of data in one night. Are you trying to combine data from multiple nights?

Try again, but if you get this error again, take a screenshot of the LOAD tab. It will give us a lot more information.

Brian