Live Stacking not working but working in Folder Monitor

Discussion of using SharpCap for Deep Sky Imaging
Kopa

Live Stacking not working but working in Folder Monitor

Post by Kopa »

Hi All,

Try as I may, I failed to get live stacking to work in an imaging session. I then decided to save the individual frames instead and try stacking in the folder monitor and to my surprise live stacking of the frames works.

Why should live stacking fail to detect stars when the images are being captured but detect stars in the same frames in folder monitor?.

Also does using Sharpcap 64bit or 32bit version have any influence on live stacking?.

Thanks
turfpit

Re: Live Stacking not working but working in Folder Monitor

Post by turfpit »

Do a forum search for live stack fail to stack - see top right of forum window.
Also does using Sharpcap 64bit or 32bit version have any influence on live stacking?
The 64-bit version of SC can address more memory than the 32-bit version. For Live Stack, this will matter as the 64-bit version will not be memory challenged when using large megapixel cameras such as the ZWO ASI2600 (where each frame is 50Mb).

Dave
Kopa

Post by Kopa »

Thank you Dave for your quick reply.
I shall try out some of the pointers you gave when clear skies allow.

The baffling thing to me is why the same frames used in live imaging is failing to stack and yet the same frames when used in Folder Monitor Camera
stack successfully.

I have not changed any settings since the last session.

My setup is a scope FL 1000mm/ Celestron GTO mount /Svbony SV305 camera and 0.5x reducer.

Thanks

Vince
turfpit

Post by turfpit »

Vince

The SV305 is 1920x1080 2 Mega Pixel camera. There is no requirement for 64-bit here. Start off with the 32-bit SharpCap.

https://docs.sharpcap.co.uk/3.2/#Alignment%20Tab

On the Alignment tab in Live Stack, check Highlight Detected Stars to see what the software 'see's. Common fixes relate to Minimum Star Width and Digital Gain. Read the text in the link for these items.

Dave