Dither not starting on 2nd target

Discussion of using SharpCap for Deep Sky Imaging
Rab722

Re: Dither not starting on 2nd target

Post by Rab722 »

Is the code change "disabling and then re-enabling the 'Monitor PHD2 Guiding' option " in the Nov 03 update.

Rick
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Yes, it's in 6448 - the disable/re-enable should set the dither monitoring state back to the defaults.

Cheers, Robin
goldtr8

Post by goldtr8 »

So I ran last night using 6448 using 64 bit for 5 1/2 hours of EAA time. I used PHD2 2.6.9dev1 and it never glitched.

I did slews without stopping PHD2 on purpose, did some slews with stopping, simply I just used it like I have in the past. It was rock solid for every stacking session and dithered with out any issues and always settles. So for me it worked like a charm.

Full system is CPWI as the ASCOM driver latest release, SharpCap 6448, Stellarium for picking what I want to look at coupled with Telescopius online to help determine what to look at. I also had a YouTube live broadcast with OBS running also and everything worked as one would want it to do. So lots of stuff running and not one thing hiccupped.

If you want me to upload my log to look I will gladly do so if you can give me a hint on what I should upload.

My only problem is with FLATS now I am getting that goofy issue that the outer edges are too bright where its overcompensating. I am reading thru those threads now. This is a tough hobby makes you use your brain LOL maybe that's why we do it.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

well, from one point of view I'm very pleased to hear that you had a successful imaging session without any glitches. However it would have been good to catch the bug in action – I'm always suspicious about issues that go away on their own, because they might come back on their own.

My experience with over/under correction from flats is that it often comes down to improper dark correction – if your darks are bit off or you didn't use bias frames (or dark flats) when creating the flats then the correction factors can be wrong.

Cheers, Robin