Flats not being saved using capture

Discussion of using SharpCap for Deep Sky Imaging
psy1280

Flats not being saved using capture

Post by psy1280 »

]Yesterday was my first attempt a creating a white flat. Everything went well and I made a half dozen different captures of 20 and 30 subs, however none of the captures were automatically saved as “flats” in a Sharpcap folder. The folder does contain the captures, but when I try to “browse” and select my captures as a flat in the “Apply Capture” box, the folder where the images are is not listed in the browse. I’ve gone over and over the capture selection tool, the only thing I didn’t click was the “Perform a sequence of captures” box. Any idea why my captures weren’t saved as a flat?
admin
Site Admin

Re: Flats not being saved using capture

Post by admin »

Hi,

if you are using the Capture->Capture Flat option then a green notification bar should appear once the flat file has been saved. You can click on the text in this bar to open either the folder containing the file (click on the folder name) or the file itself (click on the file name).
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (140.06 KiB) Viewed 1194 times
Hope that helps, Robin
psy1280

Post by psy1280 »

Discovered the problem! I did not have the Capture Flat box clicked at the bottom of the box. Rookie mistake, but that's what they call a learning curve.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

Good to hear you have it sorted.

Cheers, Robin