Plate solving with Stellarium

Discussion of using SharpCap for Deep Sky Imaging
thierry

Plate solving with Stellarium

Post by thierry »

Good morning,

i have an issue with my SC pro version
i want to do plate solving
i use stellarium with stellarium scope to slew to target, works perfect as long as i know if i have reached my target precisely

but when i start SC and connect my guide caméra i have a message that mount is not recognized : while connected through ascom to stellarium and PHD2
then when i click on tools/plate solve/ i have a error message : 'not enough stars" or something stating i have not more than 1 starts detected
my sigma is at 10

i do see any "mount control area" on my screen when i open SC and looking at all folders can't locate it either

thanks for help

Thierry
admin
Site Admin

Re: Plate solving with Stellarium

Post by admin »

Hi,

Probably the best thing to do is to share a screenshot of the error message you are getting which will help massively in tracking down where it has come from. If you can also post one of the images that won't plate solve then we can give advice on what might be the best solution for that problem.

In order to get SharpCap to talk to your mount you need to select your mount driver in the hardware settings configuration of SharpCap. I'm not entirely sure whether you've done that configuration step or not yet.

Cheers, Robin
tony

Post by tony »

i have a very simple set up. i have a 12" dobsonian, equatorial platform, and a zwo asi294mc. i use sharpcap pro, ascom, and stellarium. iwant to use stellarium as a push-to. the white circle appears to the object i want to go to. there is suppose to be a brown circle that tells me where i'm really pointing to but it does not appear. any suggetions?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

sorry, this isn't a set up that I'm familiar with. Maybe we have some other forum users who are familiar with Stellarium and push-to mounts who can help?

cheers,

Robin
Menno555

Post by Menno555 »

tony wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 9:05 pm i have a very simple set up. i have a 12" dobsonian, equatorial platform, and a zwo asi294mc. i use sharpcap pro, ascom, and stellarium. iwant to use stellarium as a push-to. the white circle appears to the object i want to go to. there is suppose to be a brown circle that tells me where i'm really pointing to but it does not appear. any suggetions?
Hi Tony

Suggestion to visit https://github.com/Stellarium/stellarium/discussions and ask your question there? I myself have some basic knowledge with Stellarium but over there they have way more :)

Menno